Hello!!

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Re: Hello!!

Postby Bauhaus » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Both Path and train are relatively okay. I've done both. If you drive to Hoboken you can park close to one of the light rail stops and ride that into Hoboken Station. This usually means a parking garage however as parking in Hoboken harder than in the city. That's why I drive in - it's the quickest - as long as the weather isn't bad (New York drivers suck).
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 pm

That train ride is not bad. I used to take the train from Ronkonkoma which was over an hour and a 30 min drive from my house. Penn isn't a bad walk either and I'm a 51 year old gimp. Though I haven't done that trip in about 2 years I guess so I was a 49 year old gimp.

Great guys, good company after at some local pub. Give it a try.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby KommissarBillyBob » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:29 am

Sinjin wrote:I like to build good hard lists, lists that will compete at tournaments, and I am shunned for it at HQ. They don't want tournament players there.

Jeff,
I'm sorry you feel this way. As Lou said, the membership didn't shun you. We just don't play as much 40K as we used to. Yes, we don't go to tournaments much anymore. Hell, I'm about the only one that still goes to any tournies.
You would have been more at home when JP, Raul and that group were doing the whole tournie circuit about 5 years ago.
But never did we say we didn't want you. Infact, the officers, including myself, bent over backwards to work with you. So don't say we didn't want you.
We didn't ostracize you, we tried to work with you. I took it a bit personally when you made that statement, as we used to always go to tournaments together.
But you know what you're looking for, if you can't find it at HQ, in all seriousness, I wish you the best in your search bud.
KommissarBillyBob

Postby The Gunslinger » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:22 pm

Jeff, to help you out with finding the best way to the Strat, I suggest the Path. I've been taking it from Harrison to 33rd for the last 10+ years. Parking at the meters near Path at Harrison is free after 5:00, but it sounds like the Jersey City stop is closer to you(?). From work to the Strat, it takes me 1.5 hours. Then going home is about 50-60 mins via Path. I live in Kearny, NJ. I'd rather read on the train and not pay the tunnel tolls, than drive in & out.

If you decide with Path, I heavily suggest getting a SmartLink card. I think there's a machine at the 33rd stop that you can get a card from. It's a reloadable trip card. You get the best discount at 10 trips ($13) and you can put it on a credit card. Though when you get the card, it's an extra $5 that one time. Just keep it in your wallet, and touch the wallet to the reader.

About "attendance", there's many of us that can't make it on Thursdays and they're still Warmongers. Saturdays are cool, but it's usually Fantasy guys. As per above, post here first. Showing up for our tournies help too.
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby dooms33ker » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:10 am

Hey just to cut in, if I may; Would anyone want to play warmaster on Thursday afternoons around 2-5pm? I have two warmaster armies and am just looking for an opponent. I also have 40k as well just in case :D If preferred I can play anywhere else in the city on Wednesdays and Fridays too, until 5:30.
Max
dooms33ker

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:11 pm

dooms33ker: not sure if you posted in the right board yet, but posting in a completely non-related thread is a no-no. Please feel free to start your own thread/topic to intro yourself and ask for a game, either in this board, or in the related topic: ie. the 40K board. Unfortunately, we don't have a regular warmaster crowd.

We're always happy to see a new face, so don't be shy at the store. We're in the basement. Just ask any of us for a game. Although Fantasy is in the majority, there's usually enough 40K peeps to get a game in.

Lou
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:23 pm

The Gunslinger wrote:dooms33ker: not sure if you posted in the right board yet, but posting in a completely non-related thread is a no-no.

:shock: What!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Lou doesn't play fantasy, so he doesn't react to redirection well. Feel free to redirect topics at will. Here's a fine example:

Hot or not? Discuss.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Hot.
WickerNipple

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:28 pm

You KNOW that I put that pic up there just for you, Andy.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:57 pm

Yup. I do.
WickerNipple

PreviousNext

Return to Warmonger Club