Storage Advice - please look & respond!

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Re: Storage Advice - please look & respond!

Postby mattbird » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 pm

i will take the 2nd and 3rd d&d books. ;)
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:50 pm

Ok. But you must take all of them and come get them.
WickerNipple

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:36 pm

The things you own end up owning you.

oh yes, yes they do .....
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Anger Worm » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Kev, I would definitely look through the comics and offload a lot. Some series I love dearly and hold on to, but the vast majority I've had for years will never be read and really arent worth more than a dollar. They take up a ton of space relative to their usefulness. They're also of little value in repeat entertainment. You may reread a series every few years, but the vast majority will be one-and-done.

Minis, I've found, take up little space if they're off sprue and stored smartly. I wouldn't dump anything I'd use or had painted, but that's just me. I really enjoy rummaging through bitz for conversions and ideas, and anything you assemble and paint has a ton of repeat entertainment value if you take it to tournaments and gaming nights. The books are in constant transition, so things are consistently revitalized. Err.. wait, I mean offload all your minis, especially your goblins. They're owning you.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby allanmcnab » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 am

I have lots of storage space and am willing to store your metal miniatures for a small fee of only 5-6 metal minis a month :D Sorry I cant take plastics though.
"I like Weakland because he cries when I fuck him" Pete, at the conflict.
allanmcnab

Postby slann » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:28 am

Like what was said already for the comics if your not going to read them , for the most part they are not worth money collectible card games ruined the market for all this type of stuff like sports cards and comics , since a pokemon card will shoot up too 90 bucks on the day off release rather than 20 years later collectors find that to be more of a profit .

As for the mini stuff keep whatever you think you need once you unload the comics ( and since warhammer is your current hobby ) you will have room to store most of it . Like Jarret said take stuff off the sprues it saves a ton of space . Me as you all know iam always selling stuff off but that's because I like to let the hobby pay for itself .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby Alamoth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:13 pm

I have tons of Comics, Magic Cards, Trading Cards, DnD books, etc. that I just don't use anymore. I always see people listing crap on Craigslist, but I just can't bring myself to get rid of it...
Death to the False Emperor
Alamoth

Postby Garrett » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 am

This is going to sound a bit odd, but why don't you get a storage room out on Long Island? My wife and I have a 5x15 storage locker we pay less than seventy bucks a month for. If you're not going to need the stuff very often, then the distance isn't a consideration, and you could get something in Nassau or along the 110 corridor. Borrow someone's van for a day and you're set.
Garrett

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 am

What's the matter Sarge? Is the Evidence Locker full?
Emperors Reckoning

Postby mikeatshowcase » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:40 pm

mattbird wrote:
Bauhaus wrote:I wouldn't get rid of your comics - unless you have a lot that really do not have much value (sentamental or otherwise.) Twenty or thirty years from now they could be of considerably more value to you.

No they won't. At least not monetarily.

My professional opion: Nope, won't be worth much of anything at all. Silver and Goldenage that are worth money now are worth keeping. Other stuff isn't.

As to old miniatures: Never toss anything away, it's always worth something. If nothing else, chuck it all in a big box, and give it to someone coming down for a tournament. I'll keep it, toss it in our next auction, and you get to pick out new product as you need it.

I recently started cleaning out 20 years of miniatures. I agonized at first getting rid of 'old stuff'. Soon as it was gone I could care less.
Like others have said, I don't get rid of a lot of the stuff I personally painted. But unpainted, old, bitz, etc are all getting chucked on ebay, chucked into the stores auctions, or given away to friends. I gave Al a stack of 8 Chessex figure cases this weekend. What the hell did I need to keep 8 empty figure cases around for a decade?
mikeatshowcase

PreviousNext

Return to Warmonger Club