New player

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

New player

Postby killjoy00 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi all,

My name is Ryan and I'm addicted to .. oh wait.

I just started getting into Warhammer at the end of '09 but excited to meet some new people and play. I have 3 or 4 armies for both fantasy and 40k. My main table is 8 inches wide short of being regulation... so frustrating. If only I had known...

From what I understand, you guys game on Thursday nights and on the weekend. I'd love to stop by sometime and play. If anyone is up for a game otherwise, I'm on the UES. Let me know.

Ryan
killjoy00

Re: New player

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi Ryan -- all are welcome, feel free to stop in.

The Compleat Strategist is located @ 11 East 33rd Street btw 5th & Madison. We're down in the basement.

You can be certain there will be plenty of people there every Thursday. Just show up with an army before 7 or so and there's every chance you'll get a game in. People start arriving around 4 - 5, but sometimes earlier. Your best bet is to not be shy, hop in and introduce yourself.

Saturdays you need to make plans for ahead of time. People tend to schedule their games on Sat and there's no real guarantee there will be folks just lingering about.
WickerNipple

Postby killjoy00 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:21 pm

WickerNipple wrote:Hi Ryan -- all are welcome, feel free to stop in.

The Compleat Strategist is located @ 11 East 33rd Street btw 5th & Madison. We're down in the basement.

You can be certain there will be plenty of people there every Thursday. Just show up with an army before 7 or so and there's every chance you'll get a game in. People start arriving around 4 - 5, but sometimes earlier. Your best bet is to not be shy, hop in and introduce yourself.

Saturdays you need to make plans for ahead of time. People tend to schedule their games on Sat and there's no real guarantee there will be folks just lingering about.

Great, thanks for the heads up. Do people tend to play more 40k or fantasy on Thursday night? I've been to The Compleat Strategist before for board games, but didn't see the basement... was it off that area about 3/4 down on the right?
killjoy00

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Yeah, through that door. They'll give ya directions too.

There's more Fantasy than anything else. On an average Thursday I'd say there's 5-6 tables of fantasy going on, 2-3 of 40k, and 1-2 of Warmachine/Hordes/Warhammer Historicals.
WickerNipple

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Hey Ryan.

You'll almost always be able to get a Fantasy or 40K game. If you're game, we always goto a local bar for food & beer afterwards & talk game.

Lou
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Return to Warmonger Club