East Coast gaming

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

East Coast gaming

Postby the red branch » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:13 am

Hello all,

I'm moving from Milwaukee to Philly this summer as a result of finishing school and getting a real job, and saw the Warmongers as running events at Showcase, so I figured here would be as good as any to get information on gaming in the area. It seems like Showcase is the place to game. Is that right, or are there other good locations in the area? Are there regular nights for Fantasy / 40k / WoTR / WAB?

Thanks in advance for any info, and I look forward to getting some games in.

-greg
Last edited by the red branch on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
the red branch

Re: Going to be new to the Philly area

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:20 am

Well we're in NYC and not affiliated with Showcase, though many of us play there from time to time.

Showcase has a forum here: http://www.showcasecomicsandgames.com/phpBB2/index.php
WickerNipple

Postby the red branch » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 am

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.
the red branch

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:29 am

Yeah... I'm the guy running the event at Showcase (the 2999 point Big Show GT in late July), but it's not a Warmonger event. But yeah, Showcase is a great place to game in the Philly area. And it's not too far for us to head down there or for their guys to head up to NYC for a day's worth of gaming, on occasion.

But feel free to stick around our boards for warhammer talk, threats of physical violence, naked lady pics, and whatever else suits your fancy. :orc thumb:
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Re: East Coast gaming

Postby mikeatshowcase » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:33 pm

But feel free to stick around our boards for warhammer talk, threats of physical violence, naked lady pics, and whatever else suits your fancy.

Which is why I come here. :orc thumb:

Hi, Mike Clark here. I own the two Showcase stores in Philadelphia. Forum at ShowcaseComicsandgames.com and event registration at www.BigGunZ-NE.com and you can email me at MikenjudyC@aol.com

Flames of War on Tues and Sat Nights
Warmachine and Malifaux on Wednesday nights
Free for all on Fridays, with emphasis on 40k/Fantasy

WOTR not played much, but several of us have a few thousand painted models for it. If you saw the huge Minas Tirith that won best of show down at Games Day last year, that's currently in my window display.)

WAB has several players in the area and we have a generic 'Ancients' gaming day coming up June 5th, with people bringing WAB, FOG, DBM, DBA, etc. WAB is sadly going to be a tad less emphasized by me, since they won't sell my shop the rulebooks anymore. But we will continue to get in miniatures as they come out from Wargames Factory and Warlord Games.

The Bryn Mawr store does mostly GW games and a bit of Privateer. They have 7 gaming tables. The mall store is where I'm usually at, more gaming and 33 game tables. Give a yell, come on down.
mikeatshowcase

Return to Warmonger Club