New player & new place to play!

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

New player & new place to play!

Postby Alice » Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi guys,
My name is Alice. I got into 40k about 2 years ago, started painting minis and getting really excited about it, and then Magic the Gathering happened to me and whoops! I stopped painting my minis and started shuffling cards. However, I just opened a gaming store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and my business partner is the Magic guy, so I'm taking a leave of absence from Magic and am dedicating myself to 40k again (among other things).
I know you guys meet at the Compleat Strategist, and I love the Compleat Strategist! but if any of you are Brooklyn based or want another place to spread out and play, consider our store. We are:
Twenty Sided Store
84 Withers St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
http://twentysidedstore.com/
That's in Williamsburg, just a couple blocks from the Metropolitan-Lorimer L/G or the Bedford L, and only 10 minutes from Union Square.
We're not carrying Games Workshop product right now, but we have plenty of space to spread out and play, and have a tournament size table topper if you need lots of room.
I'm running super casual painting nights on Thursdays, and we are having a terrain-building day on Wednesday the 19th of this month so the store can have some in-house terrain for everyone to use.
We also have a lot of really old and hard to find Warhammer games available for people to use. Advanced Space Crusade, Mighty Empires, Man 'O War, Advanced Heroquest, Battlemagic, Plague Fleet, and more.
Hope to meet some of you soon! And I will definitely be posting in this forum for painting tips and tricks as I start up my Thousand Sons army again!
Alice
The Twenty Sided Store -- Williamsburg's friendly gaming store! http://twentysidedstore.com/
Alice

Re: New player & new place to play!

Postby WickerNipple » Tue May 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi Alice -- I live just a few blocks away, I'll stop in an say hello sometime.

Nice addition to the neighborhood!
WickerNipple

Postby Alice » Tue May 11, 2010 2:25 pm

awesome! looking forward to meeting you!
-alice
The Twenty Sided Store -- Williamsburg's friendly gaming store! http://twentysidedstore.com/
Alice

Postby WickerNipple » Wed May 12, 2010 2:55 pm

It sounds like a few of us are trying to stop in tonight - they've got a game to get in and I've got painting to be done that might as well be while hanging out.
WickerNipple

Postby Alamoth » Wed May 12, 2010 3:34 pm

I live pretty close by also. I would stop by tonight but I'm going to a bar to watch some Ice Hockey. I will try to come by over the weekend, maybe for FNM even though I haven't played Magic in a while.
Death to the False Emperor
Alamoth

Postby Alice » Wed May 12, 2010 5:38 pm

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting some of you tonight.
Also, I'll be around tomorrow painting my guys with a couple other people, if anyone is interested.

Alamoth-- rusty MTG players are always welcome here! Our casual magic nights are Mondays when you probably have the best chance of getting in some casual games, but we run drafts on Wednesdays and as an FNM event, if you want to get some cards from the new set.
Alice

Postby Alamoth » Fri May 14, 2010 10:27 am

I wouldn't say rusty... I used to play fairly competitively, and it consumed a large portion of my life before I gave it up for the savage dungeons of the Warmongers.
Death to the False Emperor
Alamoth

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri May 14, 2010 11:43 am

LOL, savage dungeons!
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby The Gunslinger » Fri May 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeah, more like salvaged dungeons.
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby hussarz » Sat May 15, 2010 10:10 pm

What nights are best to get a game of 40k in?
hussarz

Next

Return to Warmonger Club