Been a long time guys...

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Been a long time guys...

Postby dielkathan » Wed May 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey all,

You may or may not remember me. It's Raul. AKA dielkathan on most boards. Founding member of HQ, and frequent spoiler of warmonger sweeps at tournaments. :)
Most notable for my blue/bone tyranids and my undead lizards. Oh - and the fire dragon army that was robbed of a painting award in Philly. I'm still kicking myself for selling that one.

I put my models, and pretty much this whole hobby, away for a while. As I just alluded to, sold a lot too. Got too sucked in and it took over. Did a whole lot of nothing but work for a number of years, and in my new found perspective have decided I like painting - and probably playing too. My thoeryhammer sucks now. I barely know the new edition of 40K. I'm not learning 7th edition fantasy. I'll wait the few months.

I never got to hang with you guys outside of tournaments and on boards, not living in the city. But now I'm in Jersey City. Next best thing. And probably closer to the Strategist than some of you in Brooklyn.

Anyway, I'm back. Been chatting with Birdoff on facebook. I'm itching to see this famous Nidal Horde. Can't say I miss Larry's mouth, but it sure is funny to listen too. So I guess maybe I miss it. I remember a few other names if I can't exactly remember the faces that go with them (like wickernipple, gunslinger, amazonwarlord) and then a few real names (like Rob). So help me out and remind me!

I've gleaned (and been told) that Thursday is your big day. Well, tomorrow I'm going to work and then drive home and jump on the PATH and get to the strategist maybe 6ish or so. Hoping to catch up and see all of you that I do remember and get reminded of the ones I don't. I'm not bringing an army, as I'm still sorting through the PILE of stuff I have. Most is going to be sold off or traded and I'll post that up when it comes time. As I'm sure you all know, be in this long enough and you amass a pile. That said, purchases for me will now be through startegist. Support the local store and all. (i was particularly glad to hear they carry vallejo game color - my fav, but they all dried up from lack of use out of spite).

Soooo... you'll probably be stuck with seeing me all the time, as I plan to get back into the hobby. Probably not as deep as I was before, but enough to roll to some tournaments. I've got to tell you, it is kind of exciting having not even opened a book for about 4 years. It's all brand new.

So, I'm saying "Hi" and will do it more personally tomorrow evening.
Got lots more to say, but "Hi" is good enough for now.

Big personal thanks to Matt B. for helping my dumb ass get my log in activated

Later
Raul
dielkathan

Re: Been a long time guys...

Postby WickerNipple » Wed May 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Well Raul, welcome back.

A lot of us are attending an event up in Boston this weekend, so attendance this Thursday might be a touch light. Don't let that scare ya off!
WickerNipple

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Aw fuck! There goes the neighborhood! :P I mean, welcome back! :D Yeah, that's it. Birdoff, where do you find these people? :mrgreen:
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:32 pm

And for those who've never met Raul...

Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby The Fabulous Orcboy » Wed May 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Hey, Raul, welcome to Jersey City!

I hope to start getting to the Strat on Thursdays soon, too. I'll see you there, and happily get thwacked by you and the other 'Mongers all regular-like. :)
The Fabulous Orcboy

Postby dielkathan » Thu May 13, 2010 12:52 am

Oh, Nidal.... tank shock. I still have that video on my computer. Brilliant.
that is me sitting there watching his painted model get repeatedly run over. Drunk enough to be laughing about it.
Don't worry Nidal, your neighborhood is not ruined. I'm still bridge and tunnel!

Orcboy, anytime you want to just grab a drink in JC, let me know. i literally live around the corner from the Beer Garden in the new brownstones on grand street. Basically in front of the boys and girls club.

I still plan to be over at strategist tomorrow. If for nothing else to get paint. But i plan to hang out and meet who i meet.
Thanks for the heads up Wickernipple. I would have thought you were all avoiding me. I won't be scared off. I think for the next few weeks I'll be able to make it each week. So I'll catch up with all of you sooner or later.

For those headed off for a road trip. Good luck in Boston. That's my home turf.
If you get by Fenway, look for Crossfit Fenway.
JT Scott owns it. His most recent army was his yellow tau, done all anime like.
You guys probably remember him too from old school GT tourney days but he too is out of the hobby.

Later
Raul
dielkathan

Postby The Gunslinger » Thu May 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Wazzup Raul! Wow, it's been a looong time. Bring your nid horde over, if you still got it. A few of us are practicing for the 'Ard Boyz tourney tonight, which is this Saturday. It's 3 games at 2,500 pts, sponsored by GW.

Hang out with us at the bar afterwards. We start going there in spurts between 8:00 & 9:00. The Start closes at 9:00 but if we have enough people, they let us stay an extra 15-20 mins.

Lou
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby dielkathan » Thu May 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Yah, no nid horde just yet.
I still own the ones from the video, but they are all boxed up. I literally just started digging through models again when I moved (early March) to JC.
Stuff is still all ramshackle and I don't know where full armies are. Hell, I barely know the rules...
So pulling out all the models, making an army list, finding those models and then packing them in a way that is conducive to transport to the city is a tall order.
I'm leaving work at like 4pm, then driving home, changing and then PATh in. Should arrive by 6 or so.
I gotz me an evening pass from my social director, so the bar sounds brilliant.

I can run all my ideas by you guys and see what sucks and what doesn't. Then I'll make it work. But I will not. I repeat, will not, spam the tervigon. I don't care how good it is. I might spam the trygon though. Always liked the trygon.. built my army around that look and BAM there it is. Now I'm rambling while avoiding this last hour. Been a really long few weeks.

That bar sounds even better the more I think about it...
dielkathan

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu May 13, 2010 3:21 pm

I can run all my ideas by you guys and see what sucks and what doesn't.

40K sucks. How about that? While waiting for 8th, paint a fantasy army. 40K has a nonexistent GT scene. And really, warhammer is about GT debauchery.
VectorAWX3

Postby dielkathan » Thu May 13, 2010 4:02 pm

The undead lizards are still around. And I have wood elves (an all tree army I know sucks, but I like) and actual lizards which is what I started in 4th or 5th edition. Whenever lizards first came out. I've since replaced the old ugly lizards for the new plastics, but never painted them.

I'm starting with 40K to get my painting skills up. So my fantasy armies will be prettier. You know it hurts less to get boned by a pretty army.
What I do know is that all the other games sytems I have (like warmachine, etc) are all going.

Who the hell is running GW these days anyway. I don't recognize any names really. The dumbed down 40K years ago. I would have thought fantasy would have gone there already. Maybe it will for 8th edition and we'll all stage a coup

But first I have to buy paint. I've got no paint.
dielkathan

Next

Return to Warmonger Club