A Replacement for Warhammer?

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Re: A Replacement for Warhammer?

Postby The Gunslinger » Tue May 25, 2010 2:54 pm

In GW's defense, so yeah, I'm playing Devil's Advocate instead of giving you a suggestion because people have beaten me too it with great advise, GW is trying to make money and stay in business. Money stops coming in when you stop producing army books, rules, which in turn stops model sales. GW is pretty big, so the turnover needs to be big. Are they perfect? Hell no. But I love the 40K fluff, the models, the modeling of the models :) and the community.

In all seriousness, would you want codices/army books releases to slow down? People complain about certain armies not getting much needed updates. Yeah, it sucks when certain armies get books quicker than others ... poor business decision or not, we deal. :)

Good luck with finding your next passion. Not sure if anyone suggested but Blood Bowl is hot. One of my NJ stomping grounds is Reality's Edge in North Arlington, and they're VERY active with Blood Bowl. They also have a lot Clicks, Magic, & D&D players. 40K is there but rarely. I'm one of the few that still plays it there.

Battle Fleet Gothic is cool, but players are sporatic. Everyone would rather play one of the games above. Lastly, Space Hulk = awesome. Reality's Edge may or may not have a night for that. You can ask around for players and make future plans.

If you live near Reality's Edge, I live in Kearny (2 towns over), and can introduce you to people there.

Lou
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby slann » Tue May 25, 2010 3:34 pm

I say warmachine is the only thing comunity wise that can compare , I used to play it and it is a good game , but its more about combos and can at times lead to really poor match ups .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby Jeramakus » Tue May 25, 2010 6:25 pm

The Gunslinger wrote:They also have a lot Clicks, Magic, ... players.

You're trying to woo him to Reality's Edge with this info?!?!
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Postby deFl0 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:56 am

Come to the Dark side and play 40k. It's definitely more balanced, and they've been doing a good job of releasing codecies that are really close to equal in strength. Build yourself your own Space marine chapter and use what ever SM rules you want and you will have tons of choice, game availability and new codel support and tons of people to play against.
deFl0

Postby slann » Sun May 30, 2010 11:29 am

Blood Bowl I have come to learn is great , nyc has leagues going most of the time a team is only 16 players max , game rules are fun , you get too give players skills as you play games . At first you think it really don't have a lot of depth but than you relize with all the skills , endorsements it is one of the most in depth games GW put out . Also with only having to paint up 16 guys its easy to have diffwerent teams for a nice mixed bag of gameplay .

Also with being able to make teams easy means you have a bunch to lend out too people you might want to show the game too , and with it being based off of rugby/football and the small investment getting new people into the game isn't hard at all .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby Pariah » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:46 pm

I have no idea if anyone plays this game called Infinity or if the rules are any good, but these have got to be the best Sci-fi minis I've ever seen. Just found it while surfing around and I'll probably be picking it up in the near future. The rules are a free download at least...

http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity_ENG/

Pariah

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Wow! Those are FANTASTIC sci-fi minis. Metals? Plastics? Resins? How much?
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mikeatshowcase » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:02 pm

I got in the whole line of infinity for my shop about a year ago. After 4 months, I had sold 0 rulebooks, 0 blisters, 0 boxes. Suprising for me, since I do so much with other wargames. It just didn't get any traction. Part of it may be the wonderful paint jobs and backgrounds in their pictures. The models don't look nearly as good up close in bare metal and plastic. Very much like a lot of the Confrontation miniatures. Nice stuff, but the outstanding paintjobs in the magazines made the models look insanely good.
mikeatshowcase

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:45 am

All I see is Photoshop FTW.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Pariah » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:20 am

Here's a link of someone doing a conversion to one of the Infinity minis. The mini does look kind of raw, but the design elements are still there and will still look really good when painted...

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=14904.0

Pariah

PreviousNext

Return to Warmonger Club