A blast from the past! Or is it?

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

A blast from the past! Or is it?

Postby Dave3533 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:36 am

Hey guys - Long time no Warhammer.

I played with you guys for a while a few years back. Not sure if you remember me, but I posted under Nox749, and my name is Dave. I played Empire in the Warhammer Starter series we did, starting at 500 points. I was the short fat kid, heh. Hopefully some things have changed. I left Warhammer for school, and soon started working to pay the bills. Been unemployed for a while, but still getting my education so I'm taking it easy. My schedule is much more laid back during the school summer term, and I have a lot of free time now. I played back at Games Workshop for a while a year or two ago, but the crowd was WAY too young. Mostly kids with parents, and a good game was far and few between.

Anyway, I was talking to my girlfriend and she wants to try out Warhammer again. I dusted off my cases (quite a lot of dust IMO) and saw that I still had my started and not completed Space Marines army, and a few Fantasy stuffs. I'm hoping to get her back into painting her daemons and maybe get her stuff up to par Army wise.

I have a few questions for you gents (I use that term liberally, I remember you jokers :twisted: ) ;

- How often are you guys still playing, is it Thursdays and every other Saturday?
- What games are the current favorites?
- What size are you guys playing currently?
- Do you still go out for beer and food afterwards?
- Would it be okay for us (or just me) to stop by one of these days and hang out?

Look forward to hearing from you!
Dave3533

Re: A blast from the past! Or is it?

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:14 am

-Thursday evenings (some get there earlier than 5, but pre-arrange a game or you might be waiting.) Saturdays happen by pre-arrangement as well.
-There are lots of both fantasy AND 40K, though fantasy seems a bit more popular.
-Fantasy seems to be 2400 or 2000... still figuring it out. (new edition just came out)
-Absolutely
-Absolutely not.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Guy In Suit » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:16 am

All the cool kids play Malifaux :mrgreen:
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby elrodogg » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:57 am

40k is played at 1850
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Arash » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:45 am

If you join the club then we will definitely have way too many Daves running around.

Personally, I think Death Match is the only fair solution. Each contestant should however be allowed to bring in a favored weapon, as long as it isn't a firearm.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby Fool » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Arash wrote:If you join the club then we will definitely have way too many Daves running around.

Personally, I think Death Match is the only fair solution. Each contestant should however be allowed to bring in a favored weapon, as long as it isn't a firearm.

You may need to define "firearm" slightly more. I mean, compound bow could be just as devastating
http://www.dogbark.com
Shamelessly promoting the company I work for, host your website with us.
Fool

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:49 pm

I suggest banning all firearms which aren't muzzle-loaded. Other than that, go right ahead.

(yes, I've been watching too much "Deadliest Warrior"--the best show EVER!)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:56 pm

$5 on Hohmann.
WickerNipple

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:05 pm

I don't know. Caruwhateverhisnameis can be one intense motherfucker, even with a smile on his face.
VectorAWX3

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Yeah but he wasn't alive when muzzle loaders were invented.
WickerNipple

Next

Return to Warmonger Club