Introduction

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Introduction

Postby Cool Mr Frosty » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Hello warmongers! My name is Ulyses and I have just moved into the NYC area from upstate. I have been a little out of the wargaming group because of the transition but I have been eagerly looking to enter the community once more. I currently have a painted IG army, I am building a skaven army, and have a gremlin malifaux crew. I'm sure I have some other stuff once I find them in all of my boxes. I would like to get an idea of what time you guys play and what games are being played so that way I can work it around my schedule (I cook at a restaurant in the UWS and my schedule usually has me free M T or W and before 2 any other day). I hope to meet you guys soon and start to be able to play some games!

All the best,
Ulyses
Cool Mr Frosty

Re: Introduction

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:03 pm

Welcome, welcome - though your schedule may make it hard to welcome you in person. :cry:

Our gaming space is available Thursday afternoon-evenings til 9 and some Saturdays when folks are in the mood.
WickerNipple

Postby elrodogg » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Our regular play club night is Thursdays. You can start basically as early as you like, but most folks get there after work (~5-530). Otherwise, you can play on Saturdays, but you will likely not find a pick-up opponent. Schedule something on the boards or in person. Unfortunately, the club isn't really open to gaming Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

With regards to your armies: We play 1850 for 40k, 2400 for Fantasy. Not sure about Malifaux though, i don't personally play it.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Ronen Warrior wrote:Not sure about Malifaux though

25-35ss. Folks are flexible.
WickerNipple

Postby Cool Mr Frosty » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Those days are a little tough for me to come regularly but Im definately able to come if I schedule a game for the early afternoon. Thank you for the feedback il try to start scheduleing some games soonand do my best to come in early on Saturdays and make myself available. One last question: does the store does not allow gaming on the other days or are they taken up by other games? Thanks for all the feedback and hopefully il be able to work something out soon.

All My Best,
Ulyses
Cool Mr Frosty

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:11 pm

The gaming tables are in the basement which is a separate locked part of the store.

On special occasions or if they're in a super good mood they might open that part up for you, but you'd have to ask. Best thing to do would probably to make yourself known as a customer, come early on a few Thurs or Sats if you can find opponents who want to come in early and then ask Mike and Danny (the owners) about the possibility of other days.

They close at 6 every day except Thursday though, so if they let you in your time would still be limited.
WickerNipple

Return to Warmonger Club