New and Interested

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

New and Interested

Postby Nolanfxh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Hello All!

I recently took a trip to the Compleat Strategist to get the new High Elf Rule book with a friend that I've just gotten hooked on the addictive drug that is Warhammer. It was then that we were told about the warmonger group and both have an interest in checking it out this Thursday. We are both still in college and go back to school soon but were wondering if it would be worthwhile to come in this week to see what it's like, neither of us have ever really played someplace outside our own houses and would love to expand our hobby horizons when we return in the summer. Bringing our armies (Dwarfs, High Elves, Skaven) may not be feasible this Thursday, so I guess I'm really wondering - is it still worth coming by?

best,
Nolan
Nolanfxh

Re: New and Interested

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:33 pm

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The club has an eclectic group of games going on at the moment, from Infinity to a blood bowl league to a new surge in fantasy players. If you'd like to come down to check it out feel free - we're in the basement through the back. Most folks arrive after 5pm after work. People play various games and a sizable group continue on to a local bar.

Generally games are arranged beforehand on the forum if you want to guarantee you'll get to play what you're into, so post in the fantasy section if you decide to bring your fantasy stuff. Typical size is 2400-2500 points, depending on what the latest tournaments are doing. We have a sizable group that attends the Indy GTs of the region, so if that's something you're interested in for the future you've found a little hub.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby dooms33ker » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:43 pm

You sure can stop by without playing! Jarrett has already given the particulars of the club but I'd like to add that some of us, like myself, come in as early as 3pm, though you do generally need to schedule early games. The dice are down at about 8:30 and the store closes at 9.

I'll be bringing my Chaos Dwarfs Thursday -- for both Blood Bowl and Fantasy -- if you'd like to stop by and say hi. A few other games of Fantasy are scheduled for around 6 if you'd just like to meet some of the Fantasy players.
Max
dooms33ker

Postby Nolanfxh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:54 pm

My apologies for not making it in on Thursday or responding to your much appreciated responses. A prior engagement was rescheduled and there was nothing i could do to get away. Although I won't be able to make it in until the summer (when I'm back from school) I truly look forward playing with a group of people that seem so welcoming.

Thanks again
Nolan
Nolanfxh

Postby The Gunslinger » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 pm

You promise?! ;)
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Return to Warmonger Club