Anyone making it down tomorrow night?

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Re: Anyone making it down tomorrow night?

Postby Flavius Infernus » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:21 am

I'll be going out of town (good time to get out of the city, but getting to Penn Station will be an adventure) but if I were in town, I wouldn't be able to come in.

I'm not really affected by the strike since Winter Break started Monday. But my wife is having to work from home--which means she actually works about twice as long as she would at the office.
Flavius Infernus

Postby robk » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:25 am

Quote:
I say the poor schmuck freezing his balls off out there on the picket line is the one being taken for a ride. But then again, I am a bit naive on these matters.

You hit the nail on the Head. Union leadership does not trully care about the line worker any more then the MTA, all they are worried about is being ousted which only will happen if they are complete idiots. Just ask yourself this question. Is the union leadership still getting their paychecks
robk

Postby Jeramakus » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:45 am

So, that's a 'yea' for Ronen and a 'yea but,...' for Lou. Hmmm...
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Postby -John Bianchi » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:02 am

Naw -

getting there is no problem - a block from work - and I walk everywhere. But - it is just too close to the holiday for me to get out for a night.

Too many holiday cards to write/presents to wrap/trees to decorate.

See you the 29th for FOW or WAB.
-John Bianchi

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:34 am

I'll be there.
WickerNipple

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:50 am

I'll be there!

Jim, can I borrow like 6 marines so I can try my new marine army out?
-FarseerVinnie

Postby warmongerclub » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:24 am

Someone better call CS to make sure they are not planning on splitting early or anything. 4 days before xmas I doubt it, but you never know.

Vinnie- there are extra marines on the back shelf (Warmonger chapter test minis). If you need more, ask Ronen or Andy to get them out of my locker for you.

I will pop in tomorrow but am not staying.

Jim
warmongerclub

Postby slann » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:47 pm

If anyone is near the upper west side like w76 street i have my space marines with me at work ( I have been crashing at work the last few days)we can play in my school there are plenty of tables.
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby -handicrafted » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:43 pm

++++Strike Rant Warning++++

Well I don't usually chime in with my opinion but my biased point of view sides with the union on this one... Big business has been trying to break the unions in this country. Wal Mart'll close a whole store before letting unionism in anywhere and we all pay (in tax dollars) to support their workers who cannot afford health care and benefits and barely scrape by on enough to afford to live here. The low prices knock little guys like the Strat and your local store out of businees because they can't compete....bla bla bla... Now you have the city employees who cannot strike by law and go years sometimes working without a contract and are constantly sweating the givebacks they are asked to make while prices on everything else continue to rise. DC-37 sold out completely, the cops and firemen appear to have sold out their new hires and the teachers (which I am a member of) just rolled over! The TWU are the only ones who have had the balls enough to challenge the (unfair in my opinion) Taylor laws and strike. I hope they get what they want, I pray they get what they need and fuck those lying bastards in the MTA! With their track record does anyone we really even trust that they can add up all the numbers right (and accurately report them for that matter!)...

+++Rant Ends+++

Now I'll get off the soap box and say I'd love to play today, but I'm just going to walk into Manhattan or bum a ride over the bridge to finish the last of my shopping at the Strat (and I don't think I want to have to lug my army over my shoulder to boot...) Perhaps I'll see some of you there!
Steve (Handicrafted)
-handicrafted

Postby robk » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:35 pm

Surprisingly enough Steve I agree with you but its both sides. The management of the MTA are lying bastards but so are the union leadership. I highly doubt that the TWU members really wanted the strike to happen over christmas but it seems that's what were getting.
And in all honesty 8%/yr for 3 yrs is nuts.
I'd much rather the Japanese model of a union. Most companies have them but its one union per company. This ties the unions future with the one company. And you don't get the situation that's at my company. Union members pay dues of between 1k-2k/year and what does the union pay for.
NOTHING.
They pay stewards a little bit. They have about 85k members. Thats somewhere in the ball park of 80-160 Million a year and all they have to provide is for meetings and such.
That's the biggest scam of all.
robk

PreviousNext

Return to Warmonger Club