Army Swap Tournament at the Den

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Army Swap Tournament at the Den

Postby mauleed » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:49 pm

www.roguesden.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1173

Saturday December 3rd, 11am.

2000 point fantasy army. 3 games. $10

Instead of using your army, you will use your opponent's. You will swap armies for each game. All 3 games will be pitched battles.

To discourage bringing an unusually bad army (knowing you will fight it), each player has one "you keep your army" card they can play in the tournament. This card can only be played once, so use it sparingly if at all.

Time will obviously be a factor, since people will be using armies they are not familiar with. To encourage faster play, anyone that doesn't finish their game in 2.5 hours will have their sports score dinged one checkbox (so a 2 point loss). This affects both players if the game isn't finished. Players can, as always, mark their opponent down even more if they think they intentionally slowed the game down.

All army lists must be published in advance to give your opponents a chance to research them (since they'll be using them). A thread will be started in the fantasy section closer to the tournament date to post lists.
mauleed

Re: Army Swap Tournament at the Den

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:24 pm

:lol

"And for our next tournament, all players must stand on their left foot while taking shots of cheap tequila and singing their favorite drinking song... The game will be played on consecutive Tuesdays in an attic outside of Mexico City, and everyone must bring a 2731 point squat army..."

Sheesh... You guys and your wacky tournaments... :p
-FarseerVinnie

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:31 pm

Heavens forbid anyone do anything different!
WickerNipple

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:34 pm

yeah, you caught me... I was bitching mercilessly... Who the hell do I think I am? :rolleyes

I just think it's funny, that's all... I'm totally in support of fun and creative tournaments...

EDIT: ... And tequila. (Good call Rob)
-FarseerVinnie

Postby robk » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:43 pm

And Tequil
robk

Postby Jeramakus » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:27 pm

Fun idea. :D
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:36 pm

Thanks... I especially liked the cheap Tequila part... :|
-FarseerVinnie

Postby -ElijahSeven » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:23 pm

Quote:

"And for our next tournament, all players must stand on their left foot while taking shots of cheap tequila and singing their favorite drinking song... The game will be played on consecutive Tuesdays in an attic outside of Mexico City, and everyone must bring a 2731 point squat army..."

Sounds like something Nidal would have thought up....:b

"Next month, the hip flask special. Load up your hip flasks, boys; everytime your opponent fails a leadership test, you gotta take a shot from your flask in celebration. And everytime a squad of yours is wiped out, take a shot from your opponets flask to toast the fallen!"
-ElijahSeven

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:31 am

Too late. We already ran the hip-flask tourney. I have no idea where my champeenship-flask is anymore.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby warmongerclub » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:03 am

Intersting but I would recommend at least 2.5 hours since people WILL need to think a bit more with a new army, read spell descriptions, special rules, etc.

Sounds interesting, but I'm not around that weekend.

Jim
warmongerclub

Next

Return to Warmonger Club