Games Day UK

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Games Day UK

Postby -the black prince » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:15 pm

I'll be wearing the warmonger t-shirt with pride - i'm the big bald guy with the Justin Hunter name badge.

Lets me into the hospitalty tent - apparently - whoo-hoo! I hear there are bucket loads of free figures in there!! :rollin

-the black prince

Re: Games Day UK

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:19 pm

Nice! The infiltration is proceeding as planned. Have fun!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Jeramakus » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:57 am

Commandeer me a copy of the new BT dex, would ya?
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Postby -Thrax » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:35 am

And ask someone BESIDES Phil Kelley when the new Eldar 'dex is coming out...even if they just give you a "quarter" answer.

And bring a tape recorder.

And a knife.

And lubricant...

T.
-Thrax

Postby -the black prince » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:50 am

pretty interesting day overall - obviously spent a lot of time hanging around the Black Library Tent.

New series of books (maybe some figure tie ins) about the horus heresy: first series will be written by abnet, mcneil and Ben counter.

Dwarf character figures coming out are awesome. Some rule changes in the new book include miners no longer being 0-1, and thier picks getting -3 on the save. Rangers are a 0-1 upgrade for warrior/crossbowmen or longbeards.

Engineers get to use thier bs. They can reroll scatter dice, and canons with them cause d6 wounds. They can also entrench a war machine and organ guns get 24'' with re-roll on artillery dice.

The new plastics looked a bit crappy except for the crossbowmen and thunderers who i thought looked pretty cool.

Tau are getting a Tau Empires codex with a new species - can't remember the name but they're flying wasp-men who are supposed to be good at killing marines (as if tau needed more firepower)

Forge world stuff was great of course.

Black templar codex looked pretty good. ;)
-the black prince

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:16 pm

What about eldar!

:
-FarseerVinnie

Postby -Papa Gino » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:25 pm

Quote:
They can also entrench a war machine and organ guns get 24'' with re-roll on artillery dice.

Aw Hell.
-Papa Gino

Return to Warmonger Club