Dave Hohmann - a thought...

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Dave Hohmann - a thought...

Postby -John Bianchi » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:45 am

If you were thinking about Warhammer Ancients, you might want to check out Old Glory's sale. Until October 31st, Old Glory's Ancients lines are 40% off the regular retail price.

www.oldgloryminiatures.com

I posted this as a sticky over in the Other Games section, but thought you might be interested.

John
-John Bianchi

Re: Dave Hohmann - a thought...

Postby Bauhaus » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:10 am

Oh, yes. I know all about the sale.

Still what to play - maybe my dwarfs could double as very short vikings?

Or some version of the English might be adaptable to the various games systems we were talking about.

Is there any way you would have time to list out the book, time and popularity (or something like that)?

We were talking about Byzantine, Chivalry, Alexander, Shield Wall, etc. (Shield Wall/Romens?)

Thanks,
Dave
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby -John Bianchi » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:00 am

Actually -

the books are all here: www.warhammer-historical.com/books.htm

You make a good point about adapting an army across periods. I plan to use my Swiss pike army as Macedonians. I think you could easily do a (Shieldwall) Anglo-Saxon army that compositionally could work right up through late medieval times (AOC). If you have dwarves, you could easily use them as vikings or Saxons.

You can do an awful lot of different things if you don't mind proxying. We will all be doing it to an extent.

As of now, The breakdown is:

Four of us (Nate, Andy, Don and I) have high medieval-era armies from AOC and Vlad; Hungarians, Catalans, Teutonic Knights, Ottomans, Italian Condotta, and Walachians. Ken also proxies Bulgars and Albanians.

Three of us (Ken, Nate, and I) have Roman-era armies from Fall of the West and the main WAB rulebook: Romans, Dacians and Late Romans.

Two of us (Don and I) have Crusader/high Byzantine era armies from AOA/Byzantium: Thematic Byzantines, Teutonic Knights. Gene is considering the era with possibly Rus.

One of us (Jim) has a Biblical-era army from Chariot Wars: Assyrians. Others of us can adapt to his era fairly easily.

So its a mixed bag, but various armies can cut across era with their troop construction (ie. infantry-heavy English/Norse, or cavalry-heavy Norman/French). You just have to have an army you like and models you want to paint - and consider where else you might be able to use it.

Look through the website to get a sense of all the possible lists. And of course, call me whenever you want - 917/693-4290.

John
-John Bianchi

Postby Bauhaus » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:09 pm

Thanks, excellent. I will check it out further.
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby -John Bianchi » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:21 pm

Dave and anyone else interested:

I just got word over on the Other Games thread that Warweb.com is ALSO having a 40% off sale on Old Glory (thanks, Louis C) , but they have extended the ranges to include everything pre-gunpowder.

So high medievals and early moderns are also available, taking you from 1300 to 1600 or so. So AOC and Vlad are also covered by this sale.

John
-John Bianchi

Return to Warmonger Club