Webcast, anyone?

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Re: Webcast, anyone?

Postby -rkl56119 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:19 am

I'd love to watch this.

Just gotta make sure it's not during working hours... ;)
-rkl56119

Postby -Thrax » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:55 pm

I'd totally be into something like this, but I agree that editing (or just smart camerawork) would be required. No attention is needed for dice, that's for sure. But if you had someone calling the rolls ("He rolls 4 dice to attack, hits twice, wounds once..." etc), it would go much easier. That would require pre-arranged "dice boxes" off-camera, or off-table at least. Keeping the focus on the table would be a must, and play-by-play would also be required -- otherwise it's just stuff moving around.

The alternative is for someone to film the entire event, edit it afterwards, and place the contents online. This is actually the more difficult of the two options -- it not only requires more production time but also more space online.

I'd be interested in viewing a 40K version of this, for sure.

T.
-Thrax

Postby -Warboss Billy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:04 pm

I'm certainly a 'boardmonger' and would definitely enjoy either archived videos or webcasts. Fantasy would be prefered just because I believe Fantasy requires more tactical skill, so watchers could learn more from watching a game by skilled players. But anyways, I believe interest for something like this exists
-Warboss Billy

Postby -atchman » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:20 pm

Hey folks!

I've done this a few times and it is pretty fun. I would be glade to share how I've done it at least.

Atchman
-atchman

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:58 am

I've been trying to catch you on the chatroom to talk about it, but haven't in the past week or so. (I'm barely on there now that I'm actually painting an army in less than 2 years.)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -BLAZEC181 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:14 pm

I have been advocating something like this for about 4 or 5 months now :evil
(ie check out my Sigs) any way I say go for it :)
that way we long distance board mongers can finnally see the great VectorAWX3 in all of his Zounding glory. 8)
-BLAZEC181

Previous

Return to Warmonger Club