FANTASY TUTORIALS--ANYONE INTERESTED?

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Re: FANTASY TUTORIALS--ANYONE INTERESTED?

Postby -rkl56119 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:58 pm

Quote:
boardmonger

Boardmonger here.

You guys are one of the most dedicated group I have found.

I live in the Houston metro area. There is a pretty good size WHFB group here with about 20 players, but they have no centralized location. Most are really nice guys but they don't seem to go out of their way to attract new players.
-rkl56119

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:34 pm

Lynx... read the rulebook! Reread the rulebook! Rereread the rulebook! Then come on down any Thursday, ask for help, and one of us will show you through a game, or at least expalin what's happening in our games. Watching any game is a great way to learn, as long as the guys playing explain what is happening rather than just roll dice and move models (which vets often will).

Until the campaign starts, I'll make an effort to help fantasy noobs through practice games and such. (if I'm not too lazy) :p
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -LcKedovan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:43 pm

Leah,

That is a very generous offer! Thank You! My bet is that learning with the Lizards would be a better first choice so that I can get a handle on skirmishing and magic (and dispelling). What do you think Nidal?

-W.
-LcKedovan

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:50 pm

Lizards are good! Lizards with blocks of saurus are better! (so you can learn about spears, handweapon/shield, rank bonus, outnumber, flanks, etc.) The less tricky stuff and the more "normal" stuff the better. A bsb would be good. etc.

But who are you kidding? We're going to be roaring drunk by the time people get to the club. :lol
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Amazonwarlord » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:56 pm

Most of my army is at the club. I'll bring sauruses to then. Not all of em are painted I think, but most of em are
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:57 pm

Or.. you could use my world-famous orcs. Apparently, it's the list that wins, so you'll have no excuse. :p
VectorAWX3

Postby -LcKedovan » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:08 am

I hear your orcs are broken Nidal, if I used them I wouldn't learn a thing because evidently I would just need to push a button and rack up a win ;) . I think the Lizards would be perfect, since I have a partial army of them already. :)

Leah, thanks again that would be great. First pint/vodka/rum of the evening is on me.

Nidal... You are talking to someone who is ranked top of their clan in BF2 but loses horribly when sober ;) My skill/coordination/driving ability only increases with each drink. I have even out-shot marines (admittedly not that hard) after several litres of beer. :lol

-W.
-LcKedovan

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:39 am

Wow.. a reverse-alcoholic. Who knew the effects of the genetic modifications at the time? 8o
VectorAWX3

Postby -LcKedovan » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:38 pm

It's the way of the future man. You know it makes sense!

:D

-W.
-LcKedovan

Previous

Return to Warmonger Club