Car Wars, anyone?

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Re: Car Wars, anyone?

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:05 am

http://rapidshare.com/files/251449933/Car_Wars.zip.html

Here you go... now the link will only work 10 times, then someone has to upload it again. So if you're not interested in playing, don't download it! Otherwise, enjoy! I'll try to get some cars from eBay and then those that want to play can buy in at a buck or less per car. Customize with some lasguns and bolters, and we're in business.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:13 am

Here are another 10 downloads' worth for when the first link goes dead.

http://rapidshare.com/files/251465688/Car_Wars.zip.html
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Gleeptoid7 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:44 am

Let me know what the scale will come to when you get the micro machines. I'll see about scaling up and printing out some of these maps.
Gleeptoid7

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:57 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tsupported
Cool. I'm high bidder on this.. paying up to $26.50 before shipping, so I should get it based on other completed options. Also, it's got a truck and a bus, which are BRUTAL and fun car-wars vehicles.

We could even do a modular campaign if we have enough interest. (at the very least, we can keep drivers going between rounds to build up skills and such).

In any case, I'm not sure we necessarily need maps at all. I mean, the table will be the closed arena. We'll put in debris, obstacles, etc. then just measure with tape-measures like warhammer for ranges, movement, etc.

Also, I was thinking, we shold base the cars on standard sized bases, to avoid the "stank" issue of where the model actually ends. Measure everything from the base, not the modeled weapon, for consistency, etc. Also, vehicles shold eb wysiwyg. :) You want to add a flamethrower, ADD A FLAMETHROWER!!!

Warhammer is fun and all, but all the cracky new books make tournaments pretty much unplayable, unfortunately. Car wars Division 40 for the win!!! :mrgreen:
VectorAWX3

Postby WickerNipple » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Appears you are being outbid. :)
WickerNipple

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Shite! I pushed it up past $36 and I was still outbid. I really wanted that truck and bus... guess they must be worth something.

In any case, it all got too rick for my bllod, cosidering what was out there, so I snagged this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tsupported
Less than $22 shipped. No trucks or busses, but it's plenty of cars.
VectorAWX3

Postby WickerNipple » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:12 pm

Dibs on the space shuttle.
WickerNipple

Postby ZiggyQubert » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:20 pm

stable DL Link now in the Chamber, enjoy
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:35 pm

Space shuttle... for some reason, it apprears the seller must have forgotten to send it. :P

As long as I get the trike, all is cool! :skull:

Brookie, thanks for the link.
VectorAWX3

Postby Gleeptoid7 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:01 pm

It looks like micro machines are close to N scale model trains so that might be another option. Could be good for terrain as well. I could see not doing maps but I kinda liked the idea of recycling roads for high speed highway action.
Gleeptoid7

PreviousNext

Return to Warmonger Club