Magic Items Comments Here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Magic Items Comments Here

Postby Dedwrekka » Tue May 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Sword of Bedevilment: How long does the spell effect last, or is it just immediate (which doesn't make too much sense).

Dark Axe of Death + Juggernaught: does the Demonsmith hit everyone in combat with the Juggernaught, and does he wound everyone else in the juggernaught?
Dedwrekka

Postby WickerNipple » Tue May 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Am I right in reading that the High Priest is the only character in the list who can take Arcane Items, and therefore the only way to get access to Dispel Scrolls?
WickerNipple

Postby mattbird » Tue May 12, 2009 8:39 pm

yup.

there is an enchanted item scroll equivalent, though
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby elrodogg » Tue May 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Yes you are. Without him you're limited to the Hexadron dispel thingy, and the extra dice for the equivalent of 5DD 1 Scroll.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby WickerNipple » Tue May 12, 2009 8:45 pm

Ya, saw those.

Does the Hexacon fail on a double 1?
WickerNipple

Postby mattbird » Tue May 12, 2009 8:56 pm

does not appear to...
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Dedwrekka » Tue May 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Gauntlets of Bhazrak the Cruel...where's the rules?

Can I assume that it's the same as before?
Last edited by Dedwrekka on Tue May 12, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dedwrekka

Postby KevinC » Tue May 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Does the Hexacon fail on a double 1?

-------No.
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby grotsnot » Wed May 13, 2009 6:10 am

Fitz wrote:I have a more fundamental problem with this item - its name. You must be able to come up with something a little less *ahem* colourful? You wouldn't make an item called the "Rod of Paedophilia" would you?

How in the hell is the word "Genocide" offensive? How have you even come close to comparing it to the word "paedophilia"?

You're playing a war game, (fictional )people get killed. Some of the (fictional) people aren't very nice, and want to kill other (fictional) people for some very unpleasant (fictional) reasons.

The word "genocide" is pretty apt, and I've never heard of anyone with sensibilities fragile enough to be bruised by its use.
grotsnot

Postby Border Reiver » Wed May 13, 2009 12:33 pm

My thoughts:

Daemon weapons - generally appropriately costed and some interesting abilties - however the Dark Axe of Death needs a clarification as to whether or not it affects the Juggernaut if a Daemonsmith is riding it (since this isn't a mount)

Magic Weapons - the Axe of Zhrazak needs the standard line for ASF weapons "if both models have this rule, either from magic items or inherent ability, then strikes are worked out in initiative order."

The Fire Stones are a brilliant item - and are probably undercosted by 5 points, as they provide both MR and a ward save

The Chalice of fire is identical in both cost effect to the present Chalice of Darkness (CoD), except that it is one use only, whereas the CoD can potentially be used every magic phase. given the cost, should it not have the same effect as the CoD?

The Daemonbane item , initially my thought was that it should cast the spell at the min power level as is required to cast the spell, rather than the reduced level of Lvl 4, then I noticed that it was ont a "one use only" item and wish to withdraw that thought...

As noted before, the rules for the Gauntlets of B. the Cruel need to be included....

The Standards should be designated "Chaos Dwarf/Bull Centaur Only" with the exceptions of the Standard of Slavery and the Banner of Obedience. Something about the possibility of a hobgoblin only army with the other banners just doesn't sit well.
Border Reiver

PreviousNext

Return to Characters