Chaos Dwarf Warrior comments here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Chaos Dwarf Warrior comments here

Postby Poxous » Tue May 12, 2009 2:08 pm

No other race follows that logic as grotsnot pointed out. Points should be based within a book.

Also I don't any reason I would want more than the min 3 core beside wolf riders? CDs need to be attractive. Blunderbusses are not gonna do it. 12" range just limits them. I think you drop the points some and give them an ability/weapon that allows them to do some HARM. Spears? Pikes? Cursed weapons( I like this one), +1A?, something.

Also drop the 2d6 -1. It's lame. 2d6 is fine and doesn't break anyone. Don't handicap this army because Dwarves are handicapped. Repeating GWs crap rules for dwarves here will do nothing in the long run. Take the initiative and show GW how to make dwarves a viable unit in WFB.
Poxous

Postby mauleed » Tue May 12, 2009 2:11 pm

If you can take swivel guns as unit attachments you'll have plenty of reason to take CDs.
mauleed

Postby Poxous » Tue May 12, 2009 2:18 pm

I'd like to see the Bazuka weapon team back. 24" range, place the template in LOS and scatter it. Say S = Arty dice/2 and scatter it. Armor Piercing.

Then make the swivel gun 12" range S5 -3 save.

So you have 2 options.
Poxous

Postby Poxous » Tue May 12, 2009 2:20 pm

Maybe do an upgrade for CD core to make them berserkers. They drop all armor, become unbreakable. Something along the lines of crazied slayers.
Poxous

Postby mikkjel » Tue May 12, 2009 3:34 pm

I second the notion for both 1) SnS rules for blunderbusses and 2) possibly a shift in points for warriors.

1) Give them a range for sns. There are no common ranged weapons that sns below the range of 6", so adding a "the unit opens fire as the enemy hits the 6" mark" clause would be sufficient rules. It also opens up for a bit of tactical movement, making a head on charge against the warriors very dangerous compared to a side to front charge. That being said, 6" is a LOT of shots, so opening fire at 9 or 10 inches might be more sensible.

2) Dwarf warriors are tried and tested. It is a unit we dont mind seeing more of, to be honest, and Id think even a minor shift to 8 points and +4 for blunderbusses might be good, to add some incentive. DE warriors are not considered too good, even when as heavily subsidized as they are. GWs are also a very overlooked option, I think they might as well be free if exchanged for great weapons or 1 pt. otherwise.

3) Make it a requirement to be able to see units if you want to fire with the blunderbuss. Firing a blanket over a wood is somewhat better than it should be, I think.

4) Consider the template rules for the fire zone. Roll to hit as normal, but Im thinking specifically about monstrous mounts, etc. I find it hard to believe that the blunderbusses would only hit a dragon and his rider once and randomize between the two.
mikkjel

Postby Poxous » Tue May 12, 2009 3:47 pm

I like point 4. Maybe have a volley fire that is the 12" template and a concentrated fire that rolls dice equal to the number of models in the front rank( still get S bonus from ranks). So 5 wide can fire 5 shots a dragon with +1 to hit it S5 if they have the ranks. That is pretty nice.
Poxous

Postby mattbird » Tue May 12, 2009 3:51 pm

that's what it was in 5th, basically.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby method » Tue May 12, 2009 4:32 pm

also from what i read, blunderbusses can fire thru their own units? if that is the case, i think they are PRETTY good, considering you can have ld 10 rabble in front of them.....
method

Postby CrazyChaosLord » Tue May 12, 2009 4:47 pm

I like different weapon options. Armor piercing Halberds, Great Weapons, and Whips would be awesome. Maybe a blanket rule that covers all basic Chaos Dwarf Units- Cursed Weaponry- all attacks in CC are Armor piercing.

You could also have Crossbows return. Smallish units of xbows with t4 are no joke with heavy armor!
CrazyChaosLord

Postby Poxous » Tue May 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Yea Crossbows are out there.
Poxous

PreviousNext

Return to Core