Hobgoblin Warrior and Wolf Rider comments here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Hobgoblin Warrior and Wolf Rider comments here

Postby big al » Wed May 27, 2009 10:13 am

Why are the hob units 20+ instead of 10+? I'd much prefer cheap redirector. I think they should be 10+ otherwise drop them down in points. They used to be 10+ @ 2pts per model, now they are double their min unit strength with double the points. I think somethings wrong. Also, why is the musician 8pts? and shouldn't the slaver be Mv 4?
big al

Postby mattbird » Wed May 27, 2009 10:27 am

slaver is a chaos dwarf, so no, Mv3 is correct.

They were bumped to 20+ because 10+ was way, waaay too abusive.

The point cost was to bring them inline with the current Goblin costing, and differentiate them from Rabble.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby big al » Wed May 27, 2009 1:31 pm

Then put a limit on them, say no more than 3 units without a hob hero. and people didn't have all the points for those hobs. to put all the cool shit in the army you were left without the points for hobs.

look at it this way: you doubled the points, and doubled the min US of them, why would anyone take them now? it makes no sense to me, I'd do either or, not both.

Here's how I see it: the slaver is useless, the hobgoblins are 4 times as useless as they were.
big al

Postby wallacer » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Any thought given to making Hobgoblins count as core if your army's general is a Hobgoblin?
Would be nice to be able to field an all Hobgoblin army.
wallacer

Postby mattbird » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 am

You can! check the list again, that rule is definitely in there.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Aves » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:08 am

Actually Hobgoblins are one of most usefull units in the army, its cheap, not dangerous when it breakes, can be used as missile screen or charge bender.
Aves

Postby Renufus » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:55 pm

I'm very disappointed that Hobgoblins didn't get fixed in V3. Especially the archers... Who on earth is going to use a unit of 6 point archers with poor stats, animosity and a 20+ unit size? They're awful.

You're pretty much forced to give them shields, at which point you might as well just skip the bows and cut your losses at 5 points (which is still too much).
Renufus

Postby Aves » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:43 am

All "slave" units besides wolfriders should remain 20+. I see the point of sending them in unit 10x2 as living shield, and raining down arrows, or setting up a line of 20 at the very end of deployment zone, hobgoblins are not the mainstay of the army and fluff suggest that there are thousands upon thousands of slaves in CD realm. besides units of 10 would make them too cheap and too usefull for charge bending.
Aves

Postby Larro » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:52 am

I don't quite get the 6 pts. for the Hobgobbo Archers either, but I do think the unit size will be dropped to 10 in short order.

Didn't these Archers used to be 5 pts.? Why the increase to 6? Is this in line with the current O&G book?

Also, are Hobgoblins in line with Goblins as far as pts. per model? 5 pts. per Gobbo with shield seems 1 pt. too many but I don't know if they changed Goblin point costs in the current book.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby Fool » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:13 am

Hobgoblin aren't in the O+G book, Night Goblins are 3 points and have a shortbow option when they drop the shields they start with, and no armor. Not sure about regular gobbos but I believe they're quiet similar
http://www.dogbark.com
Shamelessly promoting the company I work for, host your website with us.
Fool

PreviousNext

Return to Core