Eruption Gun comments here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Swivel cannon comments here

Postby Charlie » Thu May 14, 2009 7:56 am

Maybe they could just be something very simple, designed to get put on the table mostly for visual appeal, but not necessarily effect. How about making Swivel Guns/Bazookas a unit upgrade to a Blunderbuss Slaver unit champion. Otherwise, not really gonna see many Blunderbuss unit champs. Say, 25 pt upgrade to add +1 to the rank bonus of the unit for purposes of determining Blunderbuss firing Strength, not to exceed +3 per standard rank bonus. Shouldn't have a huge effect on the unit overall since you're paying 10 for the champ and 25 for the Gun/Zooka, basically saving yourself the cost of 1-2 dwarves for your high Strength blunderbuss shooting, and ensuring you have S4 even on smaller units of shooters.

Charlie
Charlie

Postby Matt » Thu May 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Charlie wrote:Maybe they could just be something very simple, designed to get put on the table mostly for visual appeal, but not necessarily effect. How about making Swivel Guns/Bazookas a unit upgrade to a Blunderbuss Slaver unit champion. Otherwise, not really gonna see many Blunderbuss unit champs. Say, 25 pt upgrade to add +1 to the rank bonus of the unit for purposes of determining Blunderbuss firing Strength, not to exceed +3 per standard rank bonus. Shouldn't have a huge effect on the unit overall since you're paying 10 for the champ and 25 for the Gun/Zooka, basically saving yourself the cost of 1-2 dwarves for your high Strength blunderbuss shooting, and ensuring you have S4 even on smaller units of shooters.
Charlie

I like this concept. Using them as unit champs for Blunderbuss dwarves gets them on the table without having yet another unit in a gunline.

-Matt
Matt

Postby mattbird » Thu May 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Love the idea of combining weapon teams into units, posted something similar in the Core section.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Alric » Sat May 16, 2009 1:06 am

Maybe these would be better as the original rules (WD issue 108) because...

As some have stated chaos dwarfs are usually charged instead of charging , if you go to the original rules then they could be assoicated with a unit (same as characters) and then could be used to fire when unit is charged too. They can be formed into units consisting of 4 teams , or as part of a unit of chaos dwarfs. Just 2 teams in one unit would be give a lot of fire power to any unit of warriors being charged.

So maybe take a look at swivels cannons as swivel guns , in a unit , 12" range , S4 -2 save , do like grapeshot rules for firing for familiarity.

Look at this as a good way of making chaos dwarfs being better if charged as well as giving regualr units more of a punch.
Alric

Re: Eruption Gun comments here

Postby ryanamandaanna » Mon May 18, 2009 4:05 pm

just fyi, for the pdf, it'll be a good idea to show the stats for the Eruption Gun and crew with the Chaos Dwarf Core choice, as well as the number of crew that go with it. I already had version 1, so I knew, but newcomers might not know. ;)
ryanamandaanna

Postby Rexor » Wed May 20, 2009 12:29 am

could they use the breath weapon template like the siege equipment swivle guns?
Rexor

Postby Alric » Wed May 20, 2009 8:01 am

Poxous wrote:Ouch! I put this under CD but I'll re post it here:
Also have Bazuka Teams( old models). 24" range S= arty dice /2( or maybe S d6, 1 is a misfire), place template and scatter it( hit hits of course), armor piercing. 3" template.

Using the old Bazukas teams would be easiest for a new Eruption gun.

2 man teams , 2 types of ammo , short (range 12" S4 -2 sv , roll misfire for # targets hit) , and long (range 18" , 1" radius , S5 -2 sv, roll misfire and scatter) use cannon misfire rules.

Can be placed with units or form units of up to 4 teams.
Alric

Postby mattbird » Fri May 22, 2009 11:34 am

having used 2 of these last night, I think they are great as is.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Zhorn » Sat May 23, 2009 5:22 am

mattbird wrote:having used 2 of these last night, I think they are great as is.

I second that, i was a bit sceptical at first but in the end they did not create any complaints, being moderatly easy to remove and did some very much needed work for the CDs.
Zhorn

Postby Maul » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:51 am

Just two things I was thinking would be nice with this unit. If I want to have them dart in and out of my battle line and keep-up with my dwarf warrior, it would be nice if they can move and shoot. I like to move my core blocks forward about half the time.

Can we move and shoot these guns?
If we can, do we take the -1 to hit?
Maul

PreviousNext

Return to Core