V3 Daemoneater comments here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: V3 Daemoneater comments here

Postby mattbird » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Border Count wrote:When fighting multiple units, how do you handle impact hits? D3+2 to each enemy unit? Do they occur at Initiative or always first like normal?

it always hits as impact hits, so would always hit even before anything else that "always strikes first". Impact hits would be applied to multiple units as normal via the BRB. (I have no idea what it says in there, though)
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Larro » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Not the BRB - as per one of the newer FAQs. You split impact hits, you don't do double.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby mattbird » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:09 am

having been on the receiving end of this thing last night, I feel very strongly that we should just change the idea of impact hits in rounds it has not charged, to just hits in initiative order (so it would not always go first). Then drop it 125 points or so.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Larro » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Hey, what do you know - that's exactly what I've been saying you should have done. :P

Now, give it a 4th wound, charge 130 pts. for it, remove ASF in subsequent rounds to Init. order, and call it a day. Say that in HTH the Centaur operates the machine at his own initiative, end of story. But seriously, it's a heavy chariot just like any other (CW, DE, Lion, etc.), so give it the 4th wound, realize that it doesn't cause Fear or have Hatred while comparably priced heavy chariots do, and leave well enough alone.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

Larro

Postby Border Reiver » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:14 pm

Please?
Border Reiver

Postby Renufus » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:00 pm

I'm still puzzled as to why it needs to do impact hits at all in rounds where it doesn't charge. Is it not enough to make it like a regular T5, 4W scythed chariot and have the BC make its own attacks? The whole impact hits that aren't really impact hits thing is just confusing and unnecessary.
Renufus

Postby Larro » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:34 pm

Because who the hell would pay 130 pts. for a unit that does impact hits on the turn it charges, and then gets 2 S4 attacks in subsequent turns? Not me!

Pretty much ALL chariots that are under 100 pts. end up with 4 attacks in subsequent phases. Chariots that are in the price range of the Demoneater - CW, DE, Lion - all have 4 or 6, but at much higher strength, with built-in special rules, or both. So, why should we pay the same price as a Heavy chariot, and have half as much subsequent killing power as a sub-100 pt. chariot?

- Larry

Larro

Postby Renufus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:50 am

Larro wrote:Because who the hell would pay 130 pts. for a unit that does impact hits on the turn it charges, and then gets 2 S4 attacks in subsequent turns? Not me!

Pretty much ALL chariots that are under 100 pts. end up with 4 attacks in subsequent phases. Chariots that are in the price range of the Demoneater - CW, DE, Lion - all have 4 or 6, but at much higher strength, with built-in special rules, or both. So, why should we pay the same price as a Heavy chariot, and have half as much subsequent killing power as a sub-100 pt. chariot?

- Larry

Well yes, it would obviously have to be made cheaper in this case.
Renufus

Postby DarkbloodSkullpulper » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:36 am

Renufus wrote:I'm still puzzled as to why it needs to do impact hits at all in rounds where it doesn't charge. Is it not enough to make it like a regular T5, 4W scythed chariot and have the BC make its own attacks? The whole impact hits that aren't really impact hits thing is just confusing and unnecessary.

Like it or not, here is a definite case where the rules come about because of the design of the existing models. Why not have the centaur make his own attacks? Because the tiny little guy in the back has his hands full with his pushcart. I don't have a problem with the auto-hits in subsequent rounds rather than attacks, since d3+2 is getting you pretty much the same number of hits that you'd get from a high elf lion chariot anyway, and slightly better than a chaos warrior chariot IIRC. Treating them as impact hits seems overmuch, though, and I'd be inclined to go the other way with them and make it always strike last in the subsequent rounds after a charge.
DarkbloodSkullpulper

Postby method » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:25 am

always stike last at str 6? heheh
method

Previous

Return to Special