Juggernaut version 2 comments here

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Juggernaut version 2 comments here

Postby Hashuts Scion » Sun May 31, 2009 12:00 pm

Matt wrote:The jugger is Unit Strength 15, giving a distinctive advantage over the US 7 dragon & Rider.
The jugger can be taken by a chaos dwarf hero.
If you wanted to, you could take 4 of them.

Because they don't fly, it looks like you can actually have them join units. (only flying monsters are banned from joining units). If so, putting them into fully ranked units with musicians and standards makes a pretty hard unit.

It would be interesting to see a Max juggernaught list. Kind of like a max steggadon list, only it's T7 & unit strength 15.

-Matt

Matt, thanks for the insight. Well, you're right. I could take 4 of them as mounts for heroes and my Lord. I still need 3 core units and that takes almost all my points (3 x 80, 3 x 395, 1 x 475). I have 100 points for anything additional. However, if you do put them into units, then you are also limiting their movement. You will have only 3 or 4 units total. I would love to face this list with any of my armies as I have mobility, superior number of units, allowing flank and rear charges, superior magic, and so on.
Hashuts Scion

Postby Border Reiver » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:35 am

I wouldn't be too worried about a juggernaut list at average tourney level points (2K)

If you givea juggernaut to each of your characters, you can fit in a maxed out High Priest, 2 Daemoneaters (with shields, and a 110 pts of daemon weapons) with enough points left over for 3 min str Annihilator units and 156 pts for other units/kit. Reducing the magic items taken by the characters or taking only warriors with no upgrades might allow you to sneak in another hero on a juggernaut, but I don't think you'd see any such army builds at a tourney.
Border Reiver

Postby Alric » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:47 pm

mattbird wrote:comments!

Why dont you make this a daemonic or magic powered contruct ? It would fit in a chaos dwarf army better than a 'push cart'.

New Juggernaut

Since this is supposed to be a new list for future use, you should use the new trends in chaos dwarf army war machines.

Push Cart tech is low tech, Orc and Goblin army like, from 20 years ago. :orcs:
Alric

Postby mattbird » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:10 am

:lol:
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Dedwrekka » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Alric wrote:
mattbird wrote:comments!

Why dont you make this a daemonic or magic powered contruct ? It would fit in a chaos dwarf army better than a 'push cart'.

New Juggernaut

Since this is supposed to be a new list for future use, you should use the new trends in chaos dwarf army war machines.

Well, Chaos Dwarfs have birthed things from their forges like the Juggernaut of Khorne, the Kollosus (Giant mechanical construct), and the mechanical boar of the Orc and Goblin army list.
Dedwrekka

Postby Hashuts Scion » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:55 pm

and, correct me if I am wrong, wasn't Ghark Ironskin's Iron Rhinox also built by the Chaos Dwarves?
Hashuts Scion

Postby mattbird » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:15 pm

seems as if they like building iron deamonic steeds.... hmmm...
mattbird

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:36 pm

Border Reiver wrote:I wouldn't be too worried about a juggernaut list at average tourney level points (2K)

If you givea juggernaut to each of your characters, you can fit in a maxed out High Priest, 2 Daemoneaters (with shields, and a 110 pts of daemon weapons) with enough points left over for 3 min str Annihilator units and 156 pts for other units/kit. Reducing the magic items taken by the characters or taking only warriors with no upgrades might allow you to sneak in another hero on a juggernaut, but I don't think you'd see any such army builds at a tourney.

Average Tourney out here is 2250.
I don't think 4 is a good idea, but 2, maybe 3, I could see.
The unit only slows them down when you are in it. If need be, charge out. It works for steggadons, it should work for juggernaughts.

If you only take 2, they don't take up hero slots like dragons do, and the riders are actually pretty beefy (T5); as opposed to the elf version (T3 wizard), or the lizard version (T3 crap hero or T2 wizard).

-Matt
Matt

Postby Aves » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:00 pm

I have 1 rather important question, rule wise.

Jugger is a warmashine, as such it can not charge, its in the rules book, (compare to DE cauldron) also as a machine it doesnt exacly work as mount for any hero raiding it. It could be very usefull to clarify rules on that rulebook wise.
Aves

Postby mattbird » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:48 am

thanks! good points
mattbird

Previous

Return to Rare