Testing...

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Testing...

Postby CrazyChaosLord » Wed May 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Well, 5dd and a scroll, and 1 of my bounds is only useful in CC. So he simply chucks two dice at each of the HP's spells (I rolled 2 1's, which is dead average) and saves 1 for either of the other bounds (I rolled a 1 on my other bound so it stopped going off), or I had no targets with them.

It simply isn't enough, especially when I am 1 bound from having all casters. It's technically magic heavy, but doesn't do shit with only 5 bounds, 4 of which potentially kill your casters if you roll poorly.
CrazyChaosLord

Postby MantisZero » Wed May 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Yeah i think Magic Defense is not a weakness in any way. My Priest has Demonbane, Scroll, Helm so with just that model i get 3 Bounds, 7 DD, and a scroll. Throw the Hexacon on another character and youve essentially got another scroll.

Now casting magic i can see being a bit tough early since the Golem upgrade and some bounds have only a 12 inch range but i dont see a CD army just bunkering down like the typical Dwarf army.

On paper, the bound magic phase seems like it can be easily broken, but i guess rolling a couple ones during the game shuts you down bigtime.
MantisZero

Postby Garrett » Wed May 13, 2009 4:03 pm

I think the 12" range isn't as big a disadvantage as it'd be with a normal dwarf army, I found in my demo game I was moving with most of my units. The Obsidian Guard/Warriors did pretty much sit mid-table, but almost everything else was maneuvering. I had the Golems and my Lord running around his backfield, so I don't think it's a big deal.

I *do* think that, unlike a lot of other armies, the CD magic becomes more effective as the game goes on, because of the range factor, whereas they're not getting shut down as much because units are in close combat and as a result can't cast.
Garrett

Postby BenTheRat » Wed May 13, 2009 7:35 pm

If he was only throwing 2 dice at PL 7, did he have +1 to dispel.

And even if he did, odds were you should have gotten about 4 of just those off during the game. If you didn't, that was just extreme luck on his part.
Ben The Rat
Tales of Battle
Real Armies
Real Battles

http://www.talesofbattle.com
BenTheRat

Postby MantisZero » Wed May 13, 2009 11:14 pm

See this is Ludwig throwing 2 dice at everything... which means he was rolling 10 or better each time. Ludwig is a cheater with cheater dice!!! :lol: :P
MantisZero

Previous

Return to Battle Reports