CD versus Empire, 2000pts

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

CD versus Empire, 2000pts

Postby Renufus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi all, just got back from a game with a friend of mine playing his Empire army. I put together a Chaos Dwarf list I thought would be really fun to try:

Molocharoar (I was practically giddy that I could use my Lammasu model for the first time in nearly a decade without feeling like a sucker!!)
Morgok Hellspawn
20 Chaos Dwarfs - FC, Chaos Armour, Sh, Banner of Daemonic Tides
2x15 Annihilators
2x10 Stikkas
25 Hobgoblins
2x5 Wolf Riders - spear, daemon eyes, musician
6 Bull Centaurs - Chaos Armour, GW, Shield
2 Spear Chukkas
Earthshaker

As you can see, I was really interested in trying out these two new special characters, especially since they're my two favorite ones in the book. Ended up a draw. Moloch was the favorite of both myself and my opponent, a very versatile character choice that I may have to revisit in the near future although I had to be very careful with him this time. Unfortunately he caught an arrow in the eye in turn 6 and went down but it was a very entertaining game for the both of us, as silly as it may sound his presence gave a sort of epic feel to the battle, like Hashut himself was fighting alongside the Chaos Dwarfs. We both had a good laugh when a unit of 5 knights led by a Warrior Priest charged a lone Morgok Hellspawn and he made 3 out of 3 ward saves and held his ground (with a little help from his good friend the Skull Orb). He then used Creep & Sneak to bring in the Hobgoblins on the flank and managed to actually break and run down the unit, again with a little help from the Skull Orb. We thought it was pretty funny how that turned out even if it required a lot of luck going my way to happen. The earthshaker decided on turn 2 that it wanted to chase after some pistoliers who fled and later rallied, but the move had blocked the earthaker's LOS to most of what I wanted to shoot at due to ending up on the wrong side of a building. Hoping for this rule to change a bit because it was pretty frustrating, I was counting on that thing to help simmer some of the missile fire coming at me but it just ended up being a waste of points. Not the first time it has done something like that either. Other than that, not really much out of the ordinary, the list seems quite balanced other than a few little things and makes for much more interesting games than the RH list ever did.
Renufus

Re: CD versus Empire, 2000pts

Postby mattbird » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 am

thanks for the report- did you use the daemon engine rules as stated in the V4 book, or then new trial version in the main thread?
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Renufus » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:37 pm

mattbird wrote:thanks for the report- did you use the daemon engine rules as stated in the V4 book, or then new trial version in the main thread?

The ones in the V4 book.
Renufus

Postby KevinC » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Great!

Did Molochroar use his breath weapon at all, I'm thinking of changing that from S5 to S4, as it is really nasty. Thoughts?
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby Renufus » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:00 pm

I couldn't get close enough to anything to be able to use it, no. After the earthshaker took itself out of the game I had to hide Moloch to make sure he didn't get shot to death out in the open so he just took potshots with his magic whilst using terrain to cover himself from most of the nasties. For reference, here's the list he says he used, which he sent to me in an email:

lector on waltar w/1+ armour save, van horstmans spec, +1s/asf sword
wp w/gw, barded horse, ha+sh, icon of mag (unit immune to fear)
wizard w/rod of power+power stone
wizard w/scoll+power stone
10 handguns (x3)
20 swords w/10fc, 5arch detachments (x2)
5 knights w/mus (not ic)
5 pistols w/mus
2 cannons
hellblaster

I'm hoping to get another game in with a similar list against something a little less gunline-y so I can get a real feel for what the big guy can do. The list my friend used was not exactly of the friendly variety, although he did 'spare' me in that he didn't use any tanks.
Renufus

Return to Battle Reports