Meals

Forum for all notices and general items with regards to the Warcamp GT

Moderator: robk

Re: Meals

Postby Jaghatai » Thu May 21, 2009 10:33 pm

We will eat the losers.

But that eliminates turn 7 and the Dice Dogs after the first round...
Jaghatai

Postby Garrett » Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 am

Speak for yourself, twinkle toes. Bender and I expect to last *at least* until the second round. You would, too, if you weren't fated to roll up against dragon/double tree treemonic legion followed by stankaholics anonymous.
Garrett

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sun May 24, 2009 8:23 am

As Andy points out, there should be some capability to opt out of the food plan if a specail diet concern crops up that can not be handled by your vender.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sun May 24, 2009 8:36 am

Pariah wrote:I'm allergic to glucose...

I'm not sure this is even possible since glucose is what sugars of various types are broken down to when used by the body for energy. Sucrose, Dextrose maybe? I would think a glucose allergy would be incompatable with life - but I'm no expert.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby WickerNipple » Sun May 24, 2009 9:39 am

No, it's not possible to be allergic to glucose.

An allergy is an immune system response to something it has confused as dangerous. You would be truly and well fucked if you were allergic to it, as it's produced constantly in every fat cell in your body.

However, it's very possible to have a food intolerance to refined sugar, or sugar cane, or all sorts of other things. It's also possible to be allergic to the sugar cane plant itself. But -- the difference between an allergy and a food intolerance is often not well understood - even by doctors - who may use the word "allergy" to mean something as simple as "your body is reacting badly to this."

If a doctor told you that you have an allergy to glucose, you need to get a second opinion.

However, I think he was joking.
WickerNipple

Postby Garrett » Sun May 24, 2009 10:07 am

He might've also been talking about gluten.
Garrett

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sun May 24, 2009 11:52 am

But he's a teacher Garrett - he'd not make such a 7th grade mistake.

And I am not sure he was joking but perhaps he was .... like hyperbole: "I'm allergic to air"
Amazonwarlord

Postby warmongerclub » Sun May 24, 2009 11:59 am

Two nights hotel (sharing a room at $50 per night) and a $50 registration fee is pretty much standard Indy GT pricing. The food is just gravy as far as I am concerned. I am not saying they should not have a vegetarian option (they should and they do), but let's bust Rob's balls too much. You do realize the "regular" food is sure to be institutional crap as well. Not even close to "Fridays" quality I am sure (if you've ever had camp food you know what I mean).

I, for one, am looking forward to this! Kudos for taking the initiative Rob!

Jim
warmongerclub

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sun May 24, 2009 6:10 pm

Who's busting Rob's balls? I'm busting Jeremy's 8-) :orc thumb:
Amazonwarlord

Postby Garrett » Mon May 25, 2009 3:53 pm

I'd bust Rob's balls, but then he'd kick me out of my own kitchen.
Garrett

PreviousNext

Return to General Disscusion