8th Edition is a MUST!

2999 GT -- July 24th and 25th

Moderator: VectorAWX3

8th Edition is a MUST!

Postby KevinC » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 am

Nidal,

We should just go ahead and use 8th, since it's out on July 10. Everyone is going to be excited about playing with the new rules and a 7th edition tournament is going to be annoying in that respect.

Just have no comp, which I think will out ok if percentages rumour is true or make army list submission deadline July 20, and make the council do some work, judging all the lists in a couple of days.

Everyone on the council is a hard core Warhammer player, they will have 10 days to read the new rules and think about how it effects comp. I have faith that the council CAN do this. If they say they can't/won't it is just laziness.

Please, I'm excited about 8th edition now (and I dont think I'm alone here), don't make me play 7th edition when 8 is actually out!

Who else agrees with me?

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Re: 8th Edition is a MUST!

Postby jer732 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:26 am

Kevin "I love Trolling" Coleman
jer732

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 am

I disagree with you Kevin. The dates for this were set before GW announced 8th. If you must get upset get upset with GW for their pre-school-esque fetish for keeping secrets.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:02 am

I'm with Kev.

List submissions are the only thing holding us back. I say screw em.

Don't be cowardly. Make a big deal of being the first event to use 8th.
WickerNipple

Postby elrodogg » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:11 am

I'm with Kevin as well. I have little to no interest in a tournament that uses 7th, especially after 8th edition is released.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby mattbird » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:17 am

I AGREE WITH KEVIN 7TH EDITION IS DEAD DEAD DEAD!

:bash:
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby mauleed » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:42 am

I also agree with Kevin. No comp and lots of fun!!!!!!!!!
mauleed

Postby Arash » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:43 am

Well,

I would be all for eight if it didn't drastically change the way in which armies are made.

For me, the 2999 was supposed to be all about adding in a one or two cool looking units, and then pimping out my characters a bit. As a HE player, I was going to add in a lot of special choices into my army. A lot of expensive ones in fact (hello 20 man brick of PG). Not all because of effectiveness, but mostly because of wanting to actually have 2999 points.

WIth the new rumor of percentages, making a 2999 army is going to be a lot harder. If special and characters both become a 25% deal, then I don't see how I would possibly be able to make my HE army legal at 2999 (or more sadly at 2250) in time for the event.

I don't think a lot of the people who are pushing for 8th edition have pointed out what a army with percentages would look like. At 2999 you have 749 (ish) points of characters and special. 750 is what my HE army does at 2250 (actually a bit more, like 770), special I am already over. That means that I would have to fit in like 3-4 units of spearmen into the army (or something).

Now, that is not a problem. I am very open to redoing the way in which I think about armies and warhammer. That's fine. But I cannot possibly paint all that up before the Big Show. The level of guessing and predicting necessary for that would be a huge headache.

If this was a local RTT then I would be all for it. They are not meant for anything other than fun and it would be a cool way of seeing various interpretations of the army making rules. However, this does have some importance to it. I know a lot of people want tickets to the Vegas thing, I would want that to be regulated to a certain degree, and to allow people to put their best foot forward.

Besides, the general rule has been that a book has to be out for one month before it is accepted. I do not think that fourteen days is sufficient. This happened with the new daemon army a couple of tournaments ago, but I forget which one.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:51 am

Sad.
WickerNipple

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:07 pm

Please, I'm excited about 8th edition now (and I dont think I'm alone here), don't make me play 7th edition when 8 is actually out!
I have little to no interest in a tournament that uses 7th, especially after 8th edition is released.

I AGREE WITH KEVIN 7TH EDITION IS DEAD DEAD DEAD!

Don't be cowardly. Make a big deal of being the first event to use 8th.

If I were going, but I'm not so you can ignore this, I think I'd want to play 8th also. Even in my little brain that has suffered much from age and midlife changes as well as little tactical practice playing this or any game for any serious length of time.

It's FUCKING exciting to be the first GT playing 8th!!!! AWESOMENESS !!!
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Next

Return to THE BIG SHOW