Deneghra is AWESOME

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Deneghra is AWESOME

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:02 am

at least so far I really like her. Man! Scourge on her feat turn, I have not lost a game yet. I mean they are friendly learning games but one turn caster kills makes me hopeful. I did not intend to want to play Cryx but I dunno .... She's really cool.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Re: Deneghra is AWESOME

Postby BileBelcher » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:05 pm

She is a very solid caster. Crippling Grasp is just down right evil. Her feat pretty much effects the next two turns just because of how much FOC the opponent's caster is left with. She will have some bad match-ups, but there aren't too many of them. Bane Thralls and Bane Lord Tartarus will be super solid with her. On her feat turn + Crippling Grasp or Parasite + Dark Shroud form a Bane model = -6 ARM (the model CGd) and -7 ARM (for the Parasited model).
BileBelcher

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks for the input .. I've played only a handful of games in MKII and most of them have been with her since my Ashlynn army is in the paint shop (as is my Rhulic army).
I'm sure I''ll hit dirt soon with her, I've just had such great success, And my buddies here know I'm not the greatest strategist, I just wanted to share ... hehe.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Anger Worm » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Glad to hear you're enjoying her as she'll likely be my first caster.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby Amazonwarlord » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:28 pm

:D
Amazonwarlord

Postby keithb » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:36 am

Starting with Deneghra is very similar to learning how to ride a bike with training wheels. ;)
keithb

Postby njpc » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:13 am

Denny's an awesome caster. Some of the best fights I used to run into was Haley vs Denny. Its fluffy and fun.

Watch out for Prime Nemo/ Storm Smith lists. The combination is easy to take her out with the Chain Lightning spell or Triangulation ability. Neither requires line of sight. Chain Lightning requires and initial target, but the jump and zap her pretty good. I used to run a Nemo List. I'd simply run one of my own models right near her, zap my own model, and use the Lightning jump to hit her next, then boost the damage. Nemo has the focus to cast it 2x per turn, 2 shots with boost usually takes her out. Haley can do it also.

Storm Smiths do not need line of sight and simple you create the triangulation and zap away. If you catch her in it, she's probably dead with her low arm.
njpc

Postby MikeM » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:41 pm

keithb wrote:Starting with Deneghra is very similar to learning how to ride a bike with training wheels. ;)

Cryx in general is. Crutch^2.
Mike Malarowski
MikeM

Postby keithb » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:39 pm

I must concur.
keithb

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Wait, I thought this game was balanced?
:?
2014: 91/52