Skorne: eMorghoul List Help

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Skorne: eMorghoul List Help

Postby ampao » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:04 pm

I think the model is awesome and would like a list built around him (and Karn, but I think everyone knows that. :D)

Paingivers and Swordsmen I already have. Some Nihilators coming soon.

Any suggestions for a noob as to what to put in the list?
ampao

Re: Skorne: eMorghoul List Help

Postby njpc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Why are you going with Nihalitors with Morghoul? His spells offer them nothing, but this is generally true with most infantry for him.
Nihalitors are pretty easy to kill, i've found as Morghoul can teleport and is immune to free strikes, he works best with a meat shield.

For example: a unit of Karax or Cetrati. Both offer high arm and can get stuck in. Karax are great as they can bog down more models then Cetrati. But Cetrati are better for attrition. Karax are good due to ranked attack / friendly models ignoring line of sight through them.

Basically you advance into your line in from the the opponent tie them up. Advance morghoul up to the rear of the unit, and teleport straight ahead and with luck, clear the range. You should clear your wall, and likely most of the opponent models, with luck they forget about the teleport, and your in base contact with the warcaster / warlock.
njpc

Postby ampao » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! Not really going anywhere with the units. Just bought the models I liked. Hehehe I need to take a list building 101 course for warmahordes.

Now, what about the bronzeback titan? Would its low TH and fury5 mean eMorghoul would have trouble controlling it?
ampao

Postby njpc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:13 pm

Only if you didn't bring your obligatory unit of pain givers in your skorne army.
Condition is a great ability, basically you can bump down the number of fury on a warbeast at any time.

The have elite cadre with him, along with them ignoring free strikes, it makes the Morghoul + pain giver dash worth while. Basically you have Morghul to assassinate, and 2 units of paingiver to play free wounds on the warcaster after morghoul blinds them.

I liked having Cyclops Savages with him. As casting the animus usually leaves Morghoul not needing to waste boosting to hit. If he blinds an opponent, then your paingivers can chip damage in as well. So it reduces the amount left to Morghoul. Usually a Gladiator is required to draw attention, I've used Rhinodans in the past to just wade through single wound infantry. A Rhinodan with a Savage Animus is pretty sweet.
njpc

Return to Warmachine / Hordes