Book/Rules

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Book/Rules

Postby Bauhaus » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:41 pm

What book(s)/rules are we currently using? I had cards (I think) too.

I don't think I have any Hordes, just Menoth....

I'm just checking on playability.
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Re: Book/Rules

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Warmachine Prime MK 2 is the main rulebook. There are MK 2 versions of army books for all factions, and MK 2 versions of the cards for units.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby njpc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Speaking of rules, if any of you guys need the PDF versions of the RB let me know by PM'ing an email. I have the test rules which are just about the same, they were a free download off PP. Also there are a few quick start and reference guides they have had up that are generally helpeful.
njpc

Book/Rules

Postby Daggermouth » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Does anyone know if there's a hordes supplement to the main warmachine rules? I have the WM book but would love to have a breakdown of how fury works and the differences between WM and hordes rules-wise.
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby ampao » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Daggermouth wrote:Does anyone know if there's a hordes supplement to the main warmachine rules? I have the WM book but would love to have a breakdown of how fury works and the differences between WM and hordes rules-wise.

and vice versa....
ampao

Postby Larro » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:01 pm

It's called Hordes: MKII

:P

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby mattbird » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:07 pm

you only need one of the 2 to play the game, not both.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Book/Rules

Postby Daggermouth » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:19 pm

I know. I just want to know how fury works as opposed to fury. Are the special attacks for beasts / jacks the same as far as slams, tramples, throws etc?
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby njpc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Pretty much fury IS focus, minor exceptions on how you get it as you force your warbeasts to place fury up to their max, then during the control phase reave it back. Any left over causes threshold checks at a -1 per fury, if a warbeast fails that it charges the nearest eligibility target and get 1 boosts attack/damage roll.

Basically you have a warbeast with nothing on him. I force him and place a fury on him to charge, slam, make a power attack. Then you can force to also boost attack/damage rolls. You can cast an animus from the warbeast for the fury it says on the card.

There are other dynamics as well, a warcaster with fury on them can transfer damage to a warbeast, some models get to do it for free. All the power attacks are the same whether warmachine / hordes. What you'll notice, without warbeasts, warlocks do not have access to fury. So if you kill off the warbeasts, you prevent access to fury to the warlock then the warlock cannot boost attacks, cast spells etc.

Warmachine vs Hordes is a long running argument. Warmachine caster always have their focus in most circumstances, Warlocks only have as much as they have access to. As the game progresses, warlocks can become less powerful.
njpc

Postby elrodogg » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Please explain it the other way. For those of us familiar with Hordes, but not so much warmachine. How does focusing work?
elrodogg

Next

Return to Warmachine / Hordes