1/22/11 35 PT Steamroller Tournament at the Game Room!

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Re: 1/22/11 35 PT Steamroller Tournament at the Game Room!

Postby SteveinNYC » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 pm

TLN wrote:
njpc wrote:The crowd was excellent. I only witnessed 1 rules disagreement which was really questionable. It was disappointing as I was watching the game, and a player using questionable order of operations with swamp boggers/casting onto other units instead of the unit leader then moving other units into them. Doing it over and over when his opponents was asking to walk through how he was allowed to do it. After the game, I coached the 2nd opponent that is where you get a judge. I kept my mouth shut during the game as it was not my game. Still given a 4 round event, with some competitive lists, if that's the only issue, its a really good day! Hat's off to Chris with an awesome event, and will happily drive in the future.

Elaborate?

Not sure what's questionable about casting on units instead of unit leaders.

Swamp gobbers need to cast their cloud within an inch of the unit leader
SteveinNYC

Postby TLN » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Wrong. It has to be placed within 1" of the unit leader. There's no restriction on what it's placed on, whether on other units, etc. etc.
Dan W.
TLN

Postby Trollicious » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Not really sure what this is all about. It's not really a spell that you "cast" it's just a cloud placement, like trenchers or Gorman. As with all clouds, the max range of placement is an inch away from the model placing it. The card reads:
"place a 3" aoe cloud effect into play with its center point within 1" of the leader"
Was he placing it within an inch of a leader model from another unit? That's pretty absurd. That would be like using a weapon crew's range finder to get +2 to attack rolls for any leader model from another unit.
-Charlie
Trollicious

Previous

Return to Warmachine / Hordes