1/22/11 35 PT Steamroller Tournament at the Game Room!

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Re: 1/22/11 35 PT Steamroller Tournament at the Game Room!

Postby mastermoulder » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:19 pm

The four scenarios for the event are:

Overun

Revelation

The Guantlet

Diversion

Not in that order.....

MM
mastermoulder

Postby mastermoulder » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:52 am

Master List:

John H
Damian D
Paul C
Chris
Bill Hayes
Dre'-VA
Big Steve-VA
Dan Nisyen
Chris Frika
Brian Schmidt
Chris-VA
Pat V.-VA
Bill Baur
Eric Goldstein
Scott Lloyd
Lou Pagan
Joe F.
Kyle Malone
Brian Malone
John Sorge
Stewart Slaugh
Fred-VA
Jake Young
Frank Synder
Ally
Nick N.

That is the updated ML. The following is the standbys in priority order:

1. Todd Crow

2. Dr. "The Destroyer" Norbert

3. Steve-MapleWood Hobbies

4. Rolis

If you are on standy, be aware, that the individuals from VA might not make it, it depends on the travel conditions. It should be okay, and I am expecting them to represent the South and the DC Big Gunz.

As you know in tournaments that are always a couple of last minute drop outs, so if you are a local player, I suggest that you make the trip. You will probably be getting in, and the store will honor the 15% discount and you may still enter the individual model painting competetion. Ed the manager has made the drink runs, and will be working on more space for us to fit you in.

Ray will be a painting judge and will be helping out with the event.

TB76
mastermoulder

Postby mastermoulder » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Here are the results from the Ice Wind Invitational. I completed the results the best that I can, there is a lot of unfilled AP results, so if you see SOS only, that’s why.

Here is how you read the results: Name, Record, Control Points, AP/SOS, Faction, Awards.

1. Bill Hayes (4-0) 5CP’s 86/10 Minions- 1st Overall
2. John Helbig (4-0) 2CP’s 84/7 Cryx- 2nd Overall
3. Chris-VA (3-1) 4 CP’s 96/9 Menoth- 3rd Overall
4. John Sorge (3-1) 3 CP’s SOS 9 Circle- Iron Man
5. Chris Potter (3-1) 3 CP’s 86/8 Cygnar
6. Andre L. (3-1) 0 CP’s 95/6 Circle
7. Paul Causton (3-1) 1 CP’s 133/5 Rhulic-3rd Best Painted Army(TIE)
8. Dan Niesyn (2-2) 4CP’s 93/11 Trollbloods
9. Chris Boyle (2-2) 0CP’s 60/11 Cygnar- 1st Best Painted Miniature
10. Jake Young (2-2) 1CP’s 94/10 Skorne
11. Pat Vedar (2-2) 0CP’s 60/9 Retribution
12. Joe F. (2-2) 2 CP’s 31/8 Circle
13. Big Steve (2-2) 0CP’s 80/8 Cryx- Gunny’s Award
14. Kyle Malone (2-2) 4 CP’s 96/7 Khador- 3rd Best Painted Miniature
15. Damien Dyer (2-2) 2 CP’s 70/7 Menoth
16. Brian Malone (2-2) 1CP’s 45/7 Cygnar- Assassins Creed
17. Aly (2-2) 1CP’s 84/6 Circle
18. Bill Baur (2-2) 0CP’s 63/3 Legion- 2nd Best Painted Army
19. Eric Goldstein (1-3) 2CP’s 42/9 Cryx
20. Stew (1-3) 0CP’s 52/9 Mercs
21. Chris Frika (1-3) 0CP’s 62/8 Legion- 3rd Best Painted Army(TIE)
22. Lou Pagan (1-3) 0CP’s 60/6 Khador- Best Painted Army, 2nd Best Painted Miniature
23. Frank Syndar (1-3) 0CP’s 62/5 Cygnar
24. Scott Lloyd (0-4) 0CP’s 24/8 Trollbloods
25. Brian Schmidt (0-4) 0CP’s 23/8 Retribution- Smookin’ Boots
Dropped out after turn 3:
26. Norbert Bruhner (3-0) 1CP’s SOS 6 Khador

Thank you for coming to this event; YOU are what made this event happen!

Chris Nanry-Press Ganger; Game Room Woodbridge Mall
mastermoulder

Postby Guy In Suit » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Looks like legion only won painting awards. Birdoff chose the right army ;)
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby keithb » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 am

I was pretty positive you keep playing until there is only 1 undefeated player..... why stop after 4?
keithb

Postby TLN » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Depends on the TO.. sometimes it's done by SOS, sometimes by final tables.

Of course, final tables is much more satisfying.. but sometimes there's time constraints, etc.
Dan W.
TLN

Postby siridar » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm betting time constraints.

Also, it gets rough playing more than 4 rounds in a competitive environment. I know when I'm playing in tournaments, I get pretty fried by the time I get to the end of round 3.
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
siridar

Postby njpc » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:15 am

Guy In Suit wrote:Looks like legion only won painting awards. Birdoff chose the right army ;)

Bah! Look again. My Searforge took 3rd best painted (TIE), and the best minature was a Cygnar Lancer...which by the way was awesome! It was a fun event. I drove in from Philadelphia, took about an hour and 20 minutes.

There were 4 rounds as there was I think and hour and a half lunch break, some of the players were newer so rounds took a little longer with scenario questions. Round 4 ended a little late, and lots of guys had to bail as a few guys came up from Virginia and needed to start home. After awards I think we were all heading out around 7-730pm, which is a long day given we left Philly at 8am. I got home exactly at 930pm which i ironic because I got to catch most of the UFC Fight for the Troops!

I was hoping for a Rd5 myself, however with the 2x 4-0 guys, then 5x 3-1, it could have jumbled things. In hind sight, I should have just written 1 list. I never used my 2nd list the entire day and had no urge to. It was a fun event, I had no major rules disagreements the entire day. Opponents had a good mix of competitive spirit and love of the game. My round 2, I really give a hats off to my opponent. His assassination run failed on turn 2, then on turn 3 he left Gorten with 1 health. I felt horrible, he definitely out played me and he deserved the win, not me. He was very gracious in the loss which showed real sportsmanship. I know a lot that people get a little skeptical with 1 health on a caster, but it happens a lot. That and i'm guessing next time, he'll boost damage rolls and level Gorten. Taking the win he right deserved.

The crowd was excellent. I only witnessed 1 rules disagreement which was really questionable. It was disappointing as I was watching the game, and a player using questionable order of operations with swamp boggers/casting onto other units instead of the unit leader then moving other units into them. Doing it over and over when his opponents was asking to walk through how he was allowed to do it. After the game, I coached the 2nd opponent that is where you get a judge. I kept my mouth shut during the game as it was not my game. Still given a 4 round event, with some competitive lists, if that's the only issue, its a really good day! Hat's off to Chris with an awesome event, and will happily drive in the future.
njpc

Postby mastermoulder » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:30 am

Yeah,

the reason for stopping the event after turn four was fatigue of the players, and mainly travel distances. We had 5 guys from VA that drove 4 1/2 hours just to get there, not to mention the PA and South Jersey Guys, and we had New Yorkers from Orange County. Otherwise, I wanted Round 5! I used SOS and Control Points as the tie breakers etc.....

Hopefully next time Birdoff and the Mongers can make the trip down, and as many of you can contest from previous events that you have attended, I always make it worth it!

The 2012 Colonial GT looks to have 50 slots for WM/Hordes.....stay tuned!

MM
mastermoulder

Postby TLN » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:57 pm

njpc wrote:The crowd was excellent. I only witnessed 1 rules disagreement which was really questionable. It was disappointing as I was watching the game, and a player using questionable order of operations with swamp boggers/casting onto other units instead of the unit leader then moving other units into them. Doing it over and over when his opponents was asking to walk through how he was allowed to do it. After the game, I coached the 2nd opponent that is where you get a judge. I kept my mouth shut during the game as it was not my game. Still given a 4 round event, with some competitive lists, if that's the only issue, its a really good day! Hat's off to Chris with an awesome event, and will happily drive in the future.

Elaborate?

Not sure what's questionable about casting on units instead of unit leaders.
Dan W.
TLN

PreviousNext

Return to Warmachine / Hordes