Saeryn +5

Carnivean 11
Seraph 9
Angelius 9
min Legionaires 4
Forsaken 2
Shredder x2 4
Spell Martyr 1

I'm considering swapping The Angelius for a Teraph and a Raek, just to up the body count as well as have a ranged AOE, but I am a noob so I dunno if its worth it!

Any glaring flaws? It doesn't have to be perfect the first time out.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Re: Legion List for Steamroller

Postby Leenus » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Don't drop the angelius... the ability to push people back out of objective circles is insanely powerful.
Leenus

Postby SteveinNYC » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Play what you're most familiar with. The biggest hurdle when you start playing the game, especially for Legion, is learning to see the assassination angles and knowing what your models can do.
SteveinNYC

Postby mastermoulder » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Overall not a bad list....I would go with anything with flight for Saeryn. Her feat with flight is amazing, which for one turn brings back flight like it was in MK 1. No free strikes. :twisted:

Also consider the following units:

Nephlim Soldiers
Harriers
Raek
Shepherds instead of Foresaken
Grotesques

Like her sister, Rhyas, she is a caster killer. Her army should be about speed, speed, speed. For minions I like the Totem Hunter and the Bog Trogs Ambushers!

Happy Hunting!

MM
mastermoulder

Postby Guy In Suit » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:44 am

So I finally got a game in and I ran a slightly different list than above.

Saeryn +5

Carnivean 11
Seraph 8
Angelius 9
min Legionaires 4
Forsaken 2
Shredder x2 4
Harrier

It was a Destruction game against a skorne non-epic Makeda list with lots of shooting... pretty scary for me since my feat wasn't going to help me much against shooters who could come back to life out of melee range.

I think I managed to kill maybe two infantry models the whole game... and thats it... I may need to try to find a way to up the POW factor, as I kept bouncing off armor.

Also I think a Sheperd could do the forsaken's job for a point cheaper; I will need to get one and try it.

What are some good ways for legion to deal with High armor? All I really have is the Angelius and sort of the Carnivean, but it'd be nice to be able to put some hurt on from range as well.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby mastermoulder » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Hmm...

I just got done in a 50pt tournament last saturday, and the Legion players were not getting that much out of their Foresakens.....Shepards are better and cheaper. The problem with shooting with Legion is, that its not Cygnar shooting. However, a Ravagore and a Nephlin Bolt Thrower might be the two additions to this list that you want. The Ravagore has possible the best shooting attack from a heavy beast/jack in the game, Saeryn helps the Ravagore pretty well too. Banishing ward keeps him safe from debuffs and spells, Blight Bringer helps to protect him against infantry, breath stealer helps the Ravagore to hit easier, and respawn gives you a second chance with him. In addition, her feat keeps him safe from melee, allowing him to disengage, and fire. Not to mention tha the Ranged attack has all the major things you are looking for; long ranged, High POW and and AOE. His anumi of Dragon Fire is really good. The Nephlim Bolt Thrower has a decent POW, RNG, and can push the object its shooting at. You might like them so much, you might run with two. The Warspears unit might also be a healthy addition to your list. Though they lack the mobility of the Raptors, they jack infantry with the spears, and with Set DEF their DEF goes to 14! Good for a 8 foot tall Ogre. Not shabby on the charge too. I also believe they are plastic, which PP has high quality plastics.

I would proxy these units for a couple of games and see what you think. The Carnivean is a must have though, way too good. With these changes I would drop some of the smaller beasts and the Seraph to be able to fit these in.

Cheers,

MM
mastermoulder

Postby SteveinNYC » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:42 pm

If you want to add punch I'd proxy a Scythean; you can free up the points by dropping a Seraph and Shredder.

Are you coming in Saturday? Watching more experienced people play and getting in more games yourself would help.
SteveinNYC

Return to Warmachine / Hordes