Feb 26 - Steamroller Tournament - The Compleat Strateg

Postby siridar » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:22 pm

Steamroller Tournament
When: Saturday, February 26th
Where: The Compleat Strategist
11 East 33rd Street
New York, NY 10016
212-685-3880
10:30am registration, 11:00am 1st round begins.
Entry Fee: $10.00, First come first serve

Tournament Rules
- 35 points
- 10 minute turns
- Models must be mostly put together and be easily recognizable for the model it is.
- NO PROXY’S
- Bring two copies of your list, one for the Judge and one for you. Please e-mail these lists to pg.siridar@gmail.com for quicker registration.
- You may bring two different army lists of the same faction. 2 Lists are not required, but if two lists are brought, they must use two different warcasters or warlocks. Mercenary players may use different Contracts/Theme Forces and Minion players may use different Pacts/theme Forces.
- To quote a FAQ, you must bring a copy of it. Otherwise, you may not quote it.
- There are prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- There will also be an individual painting competition in which you may submit one model. You may only enter one model. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for this competition.
- Player who stay for the entire tournament will receive 5 additional Bragging Rights points.

Painting Competition Rules
Players enter a model they painted within the last 6 months, using the honor system. Once a model is entered in a competition, it can't be entered in one again. The model can be part of a unit. The whole unit isn't entered, just one model, however that entry will exclude any other models from the unit being entered in subsequent competitions. Unit attachments models are not considered part of a unit for this purpose, but do exclude one another.
The players will vote on all the entries submitted for 1st through 3rd place. We will then rank the entries. To rank the entries we will add up the votes, where a vote for first place counts for 3 points, 2nd place for 2 points, and 3rd place for 1 point.
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
siridar

Re: Jan 29, 2011 - Steamroller Tournament - The Compleat Str

Postby siridar » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:19 pm

Something I forgot to mention above, but everyone who participates in the first official event of the year will receive 5 extra points for the Bragging Rights competition.
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
siridar

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:14 pm

I am so new a noob as to hardly qualify for noob status. What ruleset should I be using?
Emperors Reckoning

Postby genghis ken » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:59 pm

This date is being used to hold a Warhammer Historical event. Don't know if you knew.
genghis ken

Postby Anger Worm » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:03 pm

Duncan: WARMACHINE Prime Mark 2 or the Mark 2 Hordes equivalent called HORDES Primal MkII. Same core rules but the Warmachine and Hordes armies each have their own respective core mechanic.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby Guy In Suit » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Yeah, Bianchi's Historical/ACS Charity event pretty much always sells out all 10 tables. Looks like a conflict.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby siridar » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:03 am

Looks like I'm going to have to change the date of the tournament if not cancel altogether.
siridar

Re: Date TBD - Steamroller Tournament - The Compleat Strateg

Postby slann » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Push it too march , I'll have my army done by than , I say march since malifaux is in feb.
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby njpc » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:46 am

10 minute turns is a lot of 35 points. In South Jersey we go with 5 minutes turns, with 1x 2 minute extension per round. We usually do 4-5 games per tournment and with the turn time get down in about 3-4 hours tops. Depending when you shoot for in January or March, i'll train or drive on up with a SBF guy or 2. Also with starting at 1030 am, how many rounds are you getting in? Just questions to ball park an idea what time i'm taking a train home.
njpc

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:30 am

We do more thinking up here than in South Jersey, obviously. :orcsslobber:
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Next

Return to Warmachine / Hordes