Swine Models

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Swine Models

Postby genghis ken » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:39 am

Hey guys. Ive watched you play this game from the last few times I was in the store and talked with a few of you as well to ask questions on the game. Looks cool and reasonably fun to play. After looking at some web sites and a few of the No Quarter mags, what forces/army use the Pig people? I like those models the best and If I got into the game Id want to build a force using them.
I admit I know absolutely nothing about this game other than the bits and pieces Ive picked up watching a few games being played.
Thats it for the moment.
genghis ken

Re: Swine Models

Postby ampao » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:42 am

That would be the Hordes Minions. Cool models.
ampao

Postby SteveinNYC » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 am

Hordes Minions. Minions are a new faction, which means you can field them on their own or in another faction's army, but also means they haven't released many models yet. Pics here:
http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/minions
SteveinNYC

Postby siridar » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Since this is one of the “armies” I own I’ll see if I can provide a little detail.

They aren’t really a faction all their own, but can be played as one. Due to their status as a Minion force, they don’t have a whole lot of options open to them right now. They’re definitely fun to play, but there’s only so many ways to really put an army together that works well. You'll really need to like the models as you'll probably need duplicates of the warbeasts and units. They make a nice secondary faction or are good if you don’t think you’ll be playing regularly.

Your choices are:
2 Warlocks (Lord Carver, Dr. Arkadius)
1 Heavy Warbeast (Warhog)
1 Light Warbeast (Gunboar)
1 Solo & Heavy Warbeast combo (Rorsh & Brine)
3 Units (1 generic, 1 support, 1 light artillery)(Farrow Brigands, Farrow Bonegrinders, Farrow Razorback Crew)
4 Solos (Alten Ashley, Saxon Orrick, Victor Pendrake, Gudrun)

In terms of how they play:
Overall, they hit hard and can take a beating. The Brigands make a nice tarpit unit to stall your opponent, while your warbeasts line up for the kill. They do have trouble with anything that messes up speed and their range is a little short, but they have a few ways around this.

The 35 point army I've been using lately is
Lord Carver
2 x Warhogs
1 x Gunboar
2 x Farrow Brigands (full units)
Saxon Orrick
Alten Ashley

I want to try swapping out the Gunboar, Alten and Saxon for three Razorback Crew and see how that works.
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
siridar

Postby genghis ken » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks guys huge help and insight. I may just be adding some of these oinkers to my ever growing list of figs to paint up.
Ill be watching a few more games to say the least.

ken p
genghis ken

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 pm

I'm actually kinda excited about the Croc minions.

Do they work as an effective force on their own?
WickerNipple

Postby keithb » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 am

yes they can, but you just don't have that much versatility.
keithb

Return to Warmachine / Hordes