Leagues and the Battle Journals

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Postby siridar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:35 am

This year there will be 4 leagues that will last 4 weeks each. For each league there is a top prize that is a nifty coin. Last year there were Battle Journals that were used to track accomplishments in each league and also for other events such as Steamroller events and tournaments at conventions. For 2011 there is a new Battle Journal. The cost would be the same, $5.00 each, and would be good for the entire year. I’m looking to get a rough estimate of how many people would be interested in these?
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
siridar

Postby Daggermouth » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:59 am

Do league games happen on Thursdays? Are they set up on a pair by pair basis (ie, the players figure out when to play the games)
Ian
Daggermouth

Re: Leagues and the Battle Journals

Postby siridar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Thursday's and the occasional Saturday. All games played at The Strat. Players basically pair themselves up - just don't play the same person twice in a row.
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
siridar

Postby Daggermouth » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Cool. Sounds like fun!
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby ampao » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:38 pm

when does it start? Im interested as well. :)
ampao

Postby Ancow » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:03 am

Like wise, i'd be down
Ancow

Postby siridar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:22 am

The League is from February 7th – March 6th. For every game you play you earn stamps. You can also earn stamps for other achievements as well. You chain these collections of stamps to unlock special abilities you can use during the league. The more stamps you receive, the more abilities you can unlock. In addition, the No Quarter magazine will also include special league-only models which are different versions of some particular model (warjack, solo, unit, etc.) that replace the standard type for that league. This all culminates in a Final Event that helps determine the overall winner of the League.
siridar

Postby Daggermouth » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:33 am

Single caster? Or can your caster and list change as much as you want?
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby siridar » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:34 pm

You can change casters and lists as often as you like as long as its from the same faction.
siridar

Postby Cool Mr Frosty » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi I have just taken the plunge in warmachine and I am really excited to be a part of league play as well as tournaments. I only have about 15 pts to play with so far but I am wondering if that is enought to begin playing in the league with. I have my budget set up so that il have 35 pts come tournament time but is there a minimum points value for games in regular league play?
Cool Mr Frosty

Next

Return to Warmachine / Hordes