35 pt Legion list for team tourney

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Re: 35 pt Legion list for team tourney

Postby Guy In Suit » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:34 am

The Seraph IS 8 points.... Maybe I've had 2 martyrs all along lol. A Sythean would be bad-ass and I'll get one eventually, but he's not on the painting table at the moment and I like how my list can play a decent amount of grab-ass before going in for the kill.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Trollicious » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:03 am

If you want to get pin cushion off, I'd suggest a spell martyr or two. Keep Lylith as far back as possible.

Also, trolls may still pose a problem with ARM 20 on their heavies (assuming a KSB in tow). Even with pin cushion and poison, the raptors are only doing an avg of 2 dmg per shot. You can put the hurt on troll heavies, but they'll regenerate quickly.
-Charlie
Trollicious

Postby mattbird » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:16 am

gotcha. so, given that Andrew and I are playing as a team, do we have enough stuff combined to take on heavies? The other thing I see about this tourney is that it's all missions. As far as I can tell from the book, every mission is basically the same- a take and hold type of thing, which my list probably sucks at. I guess I need to start playing!
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby SteveinNYC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:58 am

You just need to play :)

The thing about missions is they tend to pull armies forward. You don't need to win the mission to still use it to your advantage. What I'd do is take the point (or whatever the mission requires you to take), which forces your opponent to move up so you don't win the mission. That denies your opponent the ability to hang back to avoid your bows. Once they're up, settle for contesting the mission and go for the assassination.
SteveinNYC

Previous

Return to Warmachine / Hordes