my 50 point list for hardcore , what do you think ?

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

my 50 point list for hardcore , what do you think ?

Postby slann » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:28 am

This is for adepticon so I need to get a tight list so I can paint it all by than :shock:

Esorcha
beast09
drago
full winter guard with joe and UA
3 man o war demo
2x manhunter
yuri
widow maker marksmen
widowmakers
full WG rifle corpse

or get rid of the man hunters and yuri and rifle corpse and go with this list
Esorcha
beast09
drago
full winter guard with joe and UA
3 man o war demo
full man o war shock troopers
widow maker marksmen
widowmakers
bears
dog

let me know what you all think , i can pretty much get whatever model , iam also thinkin kayaze in place of the bears .

I feel the first list i can go either shooty or fighty on her feat turn , and with the manhunter hit squad get in there fast enough to do both .

The second list I feel will be much more fighty and take alot more punishment .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Re: my 50 point list for hardcore , what do you think ?

Postby SteveinNYC » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 am

Those both look solid. With my playstyle, I'm not a big fan of Man o Wars (because of their speed) or Rifle Corps (just because); I'd find a way to have Great Bears in both lists. But play it and see.
SteveinNYC

Postby Trollicious » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:19 pm

I think you're going to have trouble with the number of troops in the first list. They tend to clump up and get in each others way. Esorc usually wants to keep lanes open in case an assassination run presents itself. (she has 17" threat)

Demo Corps are amazing on her feat, and so are Great Bears.

Winterguard+UA+Joe is amazing with her. Iron Flesh stacks well with bob and weave.

Rifle Corps may be a little redundant, with Widowmakers in there. Joe and Esorc can certainly work well with them, but then they're not working well with the other Winter Guard.

I'd find a way to get a Devastator in there. With her bond, ARM25, and bulldoze, it's an amazing tool. Also, it's special attack ignores defense, and when coupled with her feat, can 1-shot some casters. Bulldoze+boundless charge helps it get there too.
-Charlie
Trollicious

Postby slann » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:56 pm

With only about 2 months too paint it and try for the painting award that might be tough . I came up with this list about half the model count and combines the 2 lists I had a bit .

Esorcha
Destroyer ( extream version shoukd make a nice center piece painting wise )
Devestator
Great bears
Min unit man o war demo
Full unit man o war shock trooper
Mounted man o war dude ( more to have a center piece for the man o wars when there painted )
Yuri
Manhunter x 2
Widow makers
Widow maker marksmen

With this list I feel like it hits like a brick house , can be fast but still have a strong center , and the dev with her feat can clear house . And with the low model count they can get a nice paint job in a short time and I won't feel the 7 min clock as much , what your thought ?

Esorcha seems to work well in jack and beast heavy hard core , but this list looks like it might be better with pbutcher or strackov , what's your thoughts ?
slann

Postby Trollicious » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:38 am

Dropping Beast and the Winter Guard does lose you some of eSorc's synergy. The winter guard made a great screen at def 17 (IF+BaW) and with boosted spray attacks, had a great way to deal with enemy units. That plus the potential CRA on the feat turn makes them really useful. Beast was a huge threat too, and would likely absorb alot of the shooting so that you could deliver the Demo Corps and Great Bears.

As for swapping casters:
pButcher's problem is speed, so you usually want to compensate with a fast unit, some powerful shooting, or alot of heavy armor. I usually go with a behemoth, and a full unit of Iron Fang Pikemen or Ulhans to make up for his drawbacks.

Strakhov is a good choice, but I'd suggest getting a heavy hitter in there, beast, jugg, spriggan. What I really like about Strakhov is that he can deliver Man o Wars on his feat. The only trouble is he has no way of boosting their damage.

Example of MoW Demo Corps dmg on ARM 18:
Strakhov(no damage boost): 10 or 6.5+3
pButcher(Fury+Feat): 16.5 or 13+9.5
eSorc(Feat): 20 or 13+6
-Charlie
Trollicious

Postby slann » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Yeah iam thinking iam going to drop the destroyer and leav it to the widows to make any ranged caster kills , I want to get the beast back in there cause I think he would make a great center piece for the list . And he works awesome with sorcha .

Iam only going back and forth on the winter guard cause I might not know the game well enough to use them in only 7 min a turn . I'll have to wait til a week befor the tourny to see how many games I can get in to be able to get a good use out of them in timed turns .
slann

Postby Trollicious » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Running full winterguard can be time consuming, but that is it's only drawback.
They provide insanely high def screen that your opponent has to deal with, can still move 7" per turn (desperate pace) while shooting.
They have boosted attack rolls, with 3 long range AOE rockets (boosted attacks make them more accurate than widowmakers).
Boosted sprays consume infantry while a pow 12 CRA cripples heavies, and kills casters on he feat turn.

I'd consider dropping the Shock Troopers and going full Demo Corps. Not having to worry about whether or not to shield wall can speed things up. I'd also consider dropping the Drakhun and maybe some of the other solos to help get things under 7 min.
-Charlie
Trollicious

Return to Warmachine / Hordes