Beginner Games

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Beginner Games

Postby Potatosalad » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:51 pm

Are there any relative beginners, or even seasoned vets with some patience, interested in playing some small scale games? I just recently decided to get back into the hobby, and picked up a Cryx battlebox. I'm not a total newbie to tabletop war gaming, but it's been probably close to 10 years since I've last played. Consequently, my opponent would need some patience as game are likely to not flow smoothly at first.
Potatosalad

Re: Beginner Games

Postby Guy In Suit » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:57 pm

Stop by on a Thursday. I'm sure someone will be willing to give you a demo. I've been playing minigames forever, but still barely know the rules, so don't be shy ;)
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby JoeGuardsman » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:10 pm

I'll be there as early till close on Thursday. I'm practicing bigger games right now but have no problem playing a smaller game. I'm learning Circle and have the battle box set up if you are learning that way. Which is definitely the way to learn.
JoeGuardsman

Postby Potatosalad » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm still trying to get the battlebox units assembled and painted so I probably won't be ready for a game this week (hopefully by next week). I also just received the rulebook in the mail, so I should probably take some time to read through it. Nonetheless, I might try to come by this Thursday just to check out some games.
Potatosalad

Postby Guy In Suit » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:43 pm

I know nothing motivates me to paint my toys than looking at other people playing games with well-painted toys ;)
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Return to Warmachine / Hordes