Journeyman League Progress Thread

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Postby Daggermouth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 am

I'm starting this thread for anyone who wants to post pics of the models they're painting for the journeyman league. Here's what I have completed so far!

My slayer was already painted as a part of my mortenebra tier 4, so no points for that one! I must say though, I just got Skyrim, so my painting speed will decrease somewhat significantly. Next stop machine wraith!
Ian
Daggermouth

Re: Journeyman League Progress Thread

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Nice work !
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Anger Worm » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Productive bastard. Good job! And good photos too.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby Daggermouth » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks! My machine wraith is done (minus the basing) and I'm working on the bane thrall UA now. I like to finish painting a few models and then base them all at the same time. Making the snow is easier in larger batches but doesn't keep.
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby IronWardz » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:58 am

Hi.

Great paint job.

I'm playing in the Journeyman as well. This is a great motivator to paint my models. I almost have the battlebox painted. Unfortunately my first model is really bad compared to the rest. Since this is my first tabletop wargame painting is a new challenge.

With time off for the holidays I'm hoping to paint a bunch in this time frame. I'll see if I post my stuff later on.

I'm playing Cryx by the way. I'm going with the stock color scheme.
IronWardz

Postby Vanguard » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:22 pm

I finished my Temple Flameguard this morning. I still have to complete the UA, but should have that done when we move up to the next points bracket.

I have a question about scoring. Since I don't have the UA done, do I still receive maximum points for this? If so, how do you score the UA? Is it considered a two man unit for these purposes?
Vanguard

Postby siridar » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:27 am

If you paint the number of models required for a minimum unit you get 3 points. When you paint enough models to reach the maximum (10) you would get 1 more point. If you add the UA in after that you wouldn't receive any more points, as that counts under the "unit of seven or more models" category.

Unit of 3-6: 3
Unit of 7+: 4

The UA doesn't count as an extra unit, it just counts as the extra models in the single unit.

This situation is given in the scoring example in the rules.
siridar

Postby Vanguard » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Well score 4 points for me, I guess. I managed to knock out one of my vassals that day, too. Will post pictures in the future.
Vanguard

Postby Daggermouth » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:55 am

Finally back after a break for the holidays. What points level are we at for the journeyman this week? I've lost track of where we are.

Also, quick question about UA painting. Does it matter if we had the unit painted a long time ago and decided add the UA?
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby Daggermouth » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:05 am

Been a while since I've updated, but now I've got bunches to post!

The dreaded Nyss Hunters! I actually painted all ten, but for some reason only nine made it into the photo...

Everybody's favorite models to see running down the table behind a cloud wall...

Everybody's second favorite models to see running down the table behind a cloud wall...

A model that people actually do like seeing across the table. lol.

PHEW! Now on to paint some more!
Ian
Daggermouth

Next

Return to Warmachine / Hordes