Malifaux Escalation Tournament - 35SS - Feb. 12th 2010

Moderator: Guy In Suit

Malifaux Escalation Tournament - 35SS - Feb. 12th 2010

Postby Guy In Suit » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Announcing the first Malifaux Tournament to be held at the Compleat Strategist!

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM. Registration officially begins in January, but feel free to post to let me know that you are coming!

Rules
This is a Single Master tournament. You must declare your Master to The Judge, either when you register or upon arrival.

All models from both books are allowed. The latest Errata from Wyrd and the most recent Rules Marshall quotes will be enforced.

If you are unsure of a particular ruling (or if your brutal late-night combo idea is legit), please PM The Judge beforehand to avoid any game day confusion. All Judges rulings are final!

Modeling

All figures must be fully assembled and on the appropriate sized base, No Exceptions. Painting is not required.

Conversions and 'counts-as' models are allowed, however the proxy must represent the intended figure/fluff and be clear to the opponent. You may not proxy different figures using the same miniature, No Exceptions. Feel free to show your proxies/conversion to the judge before the tourney starts so there is no confusion.

You must bring any tokens/terrain elements needed for your crew, i.e. corpse/scrap counters, Ice Pillars, Illusionary Forest, etc. As per the Malifaux rulebook, if you do not have the appropriate model/token, the effect is wasted.

Scenarios

Terrain will be preselected for each table and placed each round by the players as normal. Each round will feature a Shared Strategy from Rising Powers, announced at the start of the round. Rounds are organized as follows:

Round #1 25 SS 0 Schemes
Round #2 30 SS 1 Schemes
Round #3 35 SS 2 Schemes

Master-Specific Schemes are not allowed. Faction-Specific schemes are OK.

Prizes will be awarded in a descending order as follows:

Devastator: Highest total VP’s
Tactician: Best W/L Record
Seductress: Best Appearance
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Re: Malifaux Escalation Tournament - 35SS - Feb. 12th 2010

Postby slann » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:58 pm

This is sweet , let me see if I can have my guild totaly done by than .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby Guy In Suit » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Just a quick reminder to everyone that we are all set for this Saturday. I've got some streamlined-but-fun scenarios playtested and ready to go.

Everyone try to get there at 10:30 so we can get rolling by 10:45. We should be done around 4.
Guy In Suit

Postby SteveinNYC » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:17 am

Sorry I missed this. How did it go? What did people bring and who won? Details!
SteveinNYC

Postby Guy In Suit » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:18 am

Dave C. won the day with Rasputina.

Honorable mention went to James for indeed painting his entire Lady J. crew in time.

Scenarios were a bit experimental, which is risky, but they worked out pretty darn well IMHO ;)

We will be doing this again late April or early May, The new rules manual and more crew options will be out by then, so I am pretty stoked.
Guy In Suit

Postby TraditionCT » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:19 am

I ordered my new rulebook today, and I'm looking forward to getting it so I can decide what kind of gang I want to field

I'll definitely be interested in the next tournament
TraditionCT

Return to Malifaux