Quick Lure Question

Moderator: Guy In Suit

Quick Lure Question

Postby BileBelcher » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:50 pm

So I Know Lure is affected my movement penalties, but what happens when Lure will push a model into a small 1" high wall. If the wall is 1" high and. 5" wide, will the model climb 2" walk. 5" and fall down 1"; or simply stop when contacting the wall in th first place?

Thanks in advance guys.
BileBelcher

Re: Quick Lure Question

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:27 am

Lure is a Push for a distance of the model's Walk stat - it is not a Walk action. Therefore you move up the wall and then climb at your normal speed (typically 2" spent for each point of Ht) for whatever remains after your push.

A note on little Ht 1 walls and fences - it can be a smoother to play them as Ht 1 concealing terrain rather than Ht 1 blocking/climbable. That way its a very simple 'pay an extra inch' to cross them and no need to bust out the climbing rules for such a small peice. I prefer to only use blocking/climbable for actual buildings.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Re: Quick Lure Question

Postby ZiggyQubert » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:41 am

Actualy keep in mind that climb is a different action, so using a normal walk action you cant climb. Not sure how this interacts with a push.

However if the model cant climb then it would walk around the wall / obstical as lure states push twords, not push directly twards.

Edit
Of Cource after going back and looking at the book, I'm compleatly wrong about how climbing works, so just ignot me on tyhat.
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Return to Malifaux