Coming over from the UK...

Moderator: Guy In Suit

Coming over from the UK...

Postby ukrocky » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:10 am

....hey guys. Was pointed in your direction via nilus on the wyrd forums.

I'm coming over from the UK for a holiday next weekend (9th-13th) and wondering if anyone would fancy a game of malifaux? As we all know, us Brits are much better at gaming than you US lot, and as a former UK number 1, I'll go easy on you all if I get a game ;)

Just lemme know if you fancy it, and if the logisitcs work out, then I'll show you all how bent Marcus is! I'm staying 2 blocks from central park, not got the exact details on me, but yeah!
ukrocky

Re: Coming over from the UK...

Postby mattbird » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:43 pm

welcome to the boards (and the states!)

I think we need to have a "former UK #1 vs. Current US #1" winner-take-all game. Andrew, make this happen.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:20 am

Bah, I can be in on Thursday but this weekend is 100% no go after being out of the country the past two weekends and some family stuff.

Besides, after coming in 2nd at the NoVa event I am officially over the hill.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:09 pm

I can probably make it in for a game Saturday. I'm currently ranked 10,000th but given America's size that's comparable to 1st.

What time you thinking?
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby elrodogg » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:19 pm

But really, there will be a bunch of Malifaux players of varying skill to at least try to beat up on. Most folks show up after work, so 530 and on. Mandatory drinking at the bar a couple of blocks away afterwards.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:05 pm

elrodogg wrote: folks show up after work, so 530 and on. Mandatory drinking at the bar a couple of blocks away afterwards.

If only he was coming on Thursday, and not Saturday ;)
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby elrodogg » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Guy In Suit wrote:If only he was coming on Thursday, and not Saturday ;)

:boom:
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby ukrocky » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Been tryna work it out, and my flight lands at around 12pm on Saturday at JFK, then I dunno what's planned for the rest of the day. Tbh, rather than tryna organise a game and likely getting messed up by either delayed planes, family plans or some other such fun, is there a good general time to drop in? I can probably drop in on monday or tuesday night for a bit, possibly saturday although jetlag/delays/checking in might cause issues and yeahhh.
ukrocky

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:53 pm

So here's the deal. Our gaming club meets Thursdays. Majority of folks work in Manhattan and walk/train over after work from 5:30-6pm.
The club is open Saturdays. People tend to arrive 11am onwards. It closes before 6pm. Generally there are fewer people in attendance and games need prearrangement.
The rest of the week there is no gaming.

A 12pm international arrival at JFK is not walking into the club until 1:30pm if you head there directly and make good time, especially with baggage claim. Accounting for reality and checking in/dropping bags someplace (wherever your home base is?) I'd say you're looking to reach the Compleat Strat 3pm onwards. Gaming may or may not be feasible depending on what your exact plans are.

I can make it for a game Saturday. If you're still looking to get some Malifaux in and need help figuring your arrival/transport/timing out just say the word.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby ukrocky » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:17 pm

Cheers for the help guys.

So I've just confirmed with my mum (Nawww...) that we don't have plans for saturday. We're staying at "Hospitality Suites Best Western" at 145 E 49th Street, so I have no idea how far I am from the venue, don't think it's that far though. As said, flights due in at 12, so I think 3 is a realistic target, unless we get delayed, so I'm more than happy to have a game against you Anger Worm?

One thing I'd appreciate is flipping for strategy before I set off as my Marcus selection is over 450 soulstones as I worked out the other day! Over here in the UK we tend to play shared core, but I'm more than happy to play anything, but I'll defo be bringing an arcanist crew.
ukrocky

Return to Malifaux