2/9/2013 - VA - Malifaux Attrition Tournament

Moderator: Guy In Suit

2/9/2013 - VA - Malifaux Attrition Tournament

Postby nix » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 pm

What the heck is a Malifaux Attrition Tournament you ask? Great question, sit back and let me tell you. A Malifaux Attrition Tournament is a multi-round Semi-Competitive event where your crew will slowly shrink in size as you play more rounds. In this specific event, we will start at 35ss and each round subtract 5ss through the day.

I am advertising this early, with the goal of generating a lot of interest and really building up a strong event. Those who are coming from out of town and are looking for a place to stay, there is a Spring Hill Suites very close to the venue (walking distance). We are sticking to 3 rounds for this event, due to time constraints, but the rounds are a relaxed 105 minutes. On top of all that, I have a very healthy prize box that needs to be stripped down!

So, here are the details:
Basics:
Tournament Location:
Huzzah Hobbies
44927 George Washington Blvd, Ste.165
Ashburn, VA 20147
(703) 466-0460
Pre-Registration: Email to Bill@Gamerslounge.coda.net
Registration Fee: $5
Tournament Date: Saturday, February 9, 2013
Tournament Time:
Round 1 – 35ss: 11am – 12:45pm
Round 2 – 30ss: 1:00pm – 2:45pm
Round 3 – 25ss: 3:00pm – 4:45pm
Paint Contest (25ss Crew) – 5:00pm – 5:30pm
Awards: 5:30pm
Tournament Rules:

• Deployment: Standard Deployment
  • Strategy Selection: Assigned Shared Strategy
  • Crew Construction: Single Faction, 35ss Attrition
  • Painting Requirement: Fully Painted preferred
  • Scoring: TP/Diff/VP
Appearance Standard: TO’s preference is for all models to be fully painted to a 3 color minimum. Players will not be disqualified for having unpainted crews or models.
Proxy Rule: Proxies (substitute models) are not allowed under any circumstanced, nor can a player enter a tournament with a model that has not been released to the general public.

Prize Ruling:

• 1st and 2nd place will get a name plate on the Malifaux plaque
  • King of NOVA trophy will be available for interstore play
  • 1st place will be a percentage of the registration as store credit plus a large prize box pick.
  • 2nd place will be a smaller percentage of registration as store credit and small prize box pick.
  • Last place will receive the Spoon award.
  • Paint Scoring will be popular scoring for a 25ss crew. Painting prize will be small prize box pick.
  • Raffle - see details on Wyrd board or in V2 Players pack
  • Deafeated Achievement League - see details in the V2 players pack

There are a couple additional notes to add. First, If per-registration and attendance clears 16 players I will add a Santana to first place. Second, the Strategies are all modified strategies for this event, not the standard. Pay special attention to the Players Pack (attached).

[http://gamerslounge.coda.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Malifaux-Attrition-Tournament-v2.pdf]Players Pack downloadable here.[/url]

I will be tracking pre-registration count on the Wyrd board here.
Last edited by nix on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nix

Re: 2/9/2013 - VA - Malifaux Attrition Tournament

Postby nix » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:26 pm

I must have lost my mind!!! Lots of prizes being given out and a new raffle has been added. Check out the thread on the Wyrd boards for more details.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?37557-2-9-2013-Ashburn-VA-Malifaux-Attrition-Tournament-and-Paint-Contest

Going to be adding a Achievement set of goals for the lower tables to earn during their games as well.

Semi-competitive is the name of the game. A single event where casual and competitive players can both enjoy themselves!!!
nix

Postby nix » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Attendees are bouncing between 14 and 18 over the past week, so this is looking good! Please grab the newest updated (v2) players pack for full details on all the prizes. Currently we have:
  • The tournament - 1st and 2nd place prizes (1st place gets a Santana)
  • King of NOVA - for Northern Virginia stores, Trophy for inning store
  • Spoon Award - for last place
  • Painting - a 25ss crew paint judging with a prize
  • Defeated Achievement League - a league just for people who lost games. 2 winners and 4 additional raffle tickets given away.
And, as long as we can hit the 16 on the day, I will toss in a second Santana as one of the Raffle prizes.

Spread the word, this is next weekend (Saturday February 9th)!!
nix

Postby Anger Worm » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:42 pm

I will come to one of these! Someday...
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Return to Malifaux