League Rules and FAQ - Updated for Winter '14

For all Blood Bowl Related discussions

Moderators: WickerNipple, Arash

League Rules and FAQ - Updated for Winter '14

Postby ZiggyQubert » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Start Date: Thursday, December 5th

Regular Season End Date: Thursday, March 6th

Required games during regular season: You must start the league with a new team and play 10 games with that team in order to qualify for the playoffs. This means if you want to get to the play-offs with a team from a previous season, you must play 10 games with a new team and then 10 games with your old team.

Maximum Game Cap: None.

Opponent Restrictions: More than half your games must be against different opponents. You may not play against the same team twice in a row. You may play an individual's team no more than 3 times during the regular season. For example, if I played 10 games, at least 6 would have to be against different opponents. If I play Bob for my first game, I can't play him again until my 3rd game. If I played Bob my 3rd game, I could only play him once more during the league (unless we were seeded against each other in the playoffs). Mind you, this is per team. If you and Bob have already qualified for additional teams, you can play all day to your heart's content by changing teams.

Playoffs: The teams with the best records upon completion of the regular season will go into the playoffs. Number of playoff teams will be dependent on total league members completing the league. Playoffs will be a single elimination seeded series resulting in an overall League Winner.

League Rules We will be using the LBR 6 rules (also known as the competing rules) which can be downloaded from GW here. A local copy with fluff and the additional teams is available here.

League managers - Arash isleague manager, please post here or PM one of them if you have any questions/issues about the league.

League management - all league/team tracking will be done through OBBLM here PM one of the league managers to get an account

Teams - all LBR 6 teams as well as the following teams can be used, see here for full details on all the races
- slaan
- underworld
- chaos pact
- brettonia
- khorn daemons (from the video game)

Fan factor - all teams will begin with a fan factor of 5 without having to pay for it (it still counts for team value)

Coach chosen MVP - coaches will chose the player to receive the MVP instead of rolling randomly at the end of each game.

Bounties - Coaches may spend money from their Treasury (Minimum 20,000gp) to place a bounty on a players head. If that player dies, the opposing team will be awarded the bounty at the end of the game. If the marked player retires, the money is lost to corruption. PM one of the league managers to place a bounty.

Uniforms - 20,000 GP Bonus to every team that is fully painted. You must play one game before receiving this bonus.
See a league manager to receive your cash.

Multiple teams
- After completing your first 10 games with a new team, you may start additional teams or start using an existing team from a previous season. So long as this is done in the spirit of fun you can have as many active teams as you like. Should multiple of your teams qualify for the playoffs (complete 10 games), you must choose one team to participate.
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Re: League Rules and FAQ

Postby ZiggyQubert » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:03 pm

OBBLM Help

Accounts
Please PM one of the league managers to get an account created.

Creating a team
Once you have an account and are logged in you can create a team by going to the "Coach corner" and clicking on "New team", enter a team name, select a race and leave League/Division set to "League: Warmongers" (its the only option anyway) Click Create and your team will be created. Do Not Use Apostrophes In Team Names.

To view and modify the team select "Coach's teams" and select the team you just created. Using the "Team Management" box you can hire players and other items for the team, Note once you play a game some of the options and prices change here (for instance rerolls double in price, etc..). Apothecaries rerolls etc... are purchased with the "Buy team goods" option.

Printing a roster
From the "Coach corner" select the team you wish to print a roster of and in the "Roster" drop down select "PDF" this will generate a pdf roster that can be printed.

Entering match Details
Once you have played a match you will need to enter the results into the system. This is a 2 step process first the match needs to be scheduled, this only needs to be done once for a match so check in the 'Upcoming matches' and 'Recent matches' section first, in the "Matches" dropdown select "Schedule match", select the current season (Currently Regular Season 2013) and the round (you can leave it as round 1 if you wish) .

Once scheduled you can click 'View Match Report' at the top or find the match in the 'Upcoming Matches' section fill out all the info for the match (either player can fill out the whole thing) click save and you are done.

Any skill or stat upgrades will be viewable in the team view in the "Coach corner"
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby Anger Worm » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:36 pm

League entry will cost $5. This will go towards several things, including a customized BB Pitch that will live at the Compleat Strat.

Entree Fees Paid:

None yet.
Last edited by Anger Worm on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby Brother Suspectus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 am

What's IR /D1 ?
Brother Suspectus

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:24 am

I had to look up what these are in the docs, but these are your dice rolls for player advancement. So if you rolled 2d6 for 2 + 6 = 8 you would put the 2 in IR1 D1 and the 6 in IR1 D2. If you managed to get multiple skill ups in a game then that's what IR2, etc are for.

Seems like a silly bit of minutia, but according to the software docs if we don't fill out those fields then the software will let you pick any skill during advancement.

Obviously no one probably remembers your dice rolls from last night, but you should know whether or not you got doubles. If you did not those fields need to be corrected to 1-2 or something low. Doubles or a total of 10+ will give you an advantage in the software that you should not receive unless you earned it.
WickerNipple

Postby ZiggyQubert » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:11 am

Or, if you dont fill them out, you just take a skill that you are eligable for, of course that requiers you to know what you are eligable for
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 pm

You should absolutely fill them out.

That column is actually the only real complaint I have about the software. The default numbers should be changed so they're odd naturally and you're forced to make a change if you earned doubles/stats.
WickerNipple

Return to Blood Bowl