Anyone have a PS2 in good shape to sell?

Need a bit (or twenty) for that conversion? This is the place.

Anyone have a PS2 in good shape to sell?

Postby The Gunslinger » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:25 pm

I'm thinking of buying it just so I can play Guitar Hero 1-3, which I'm looking to buy, with wired guitars, as well.
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Re: Anyone have a PS2 in good shape to sell?

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:27 pm

Um... why not just buy A GUITAR!!!?!?!?!?! Really. It's a LOT more fun (cheaper, too). And you might actually learn something other than strumming to the rhythm. As someone who taught himself how to play, and then seen the lameness that is "Guitar Hero" I have to see that there's nothing heroic about "playing" music on a playstation.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mattbird » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:46 pm

I do. how much you looking to pay?
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Slyde » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:26 pm

I get tired of people bashing Guitar Hero because it isn't really playing guitar. By your logic people should:
-learn martial arts instead of playing fighting games
-train for sports instead of playing Madden etc
-enlist as opposed to playing shooters

Sure, some of those may be more productive, but they aren't games. News flash, NO GAMES ARE REAL! Telling someone to go buy a guitar completely ignores the fact that Guitar Hero is just a party game that people can pick up quickly and have fun with.
Slyde

Postby elrodogg » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:49 pm

Guitar hero rocks! It's one of the most fun games I've ever played for any game console. Lots of people who never play video games, enjoy it. It's simply a ton of fun. Nidal's just playing the I'm a hater game.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:23 am

If you want 2 I also have one hehehe ... not sure yet that I want to sell it but I'd think about it ... Go with Matt first.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:11 am

Yo.. if there's one thing I ain't, it a hater. That said, Guitar Hero is still lame! Enlisting instead of playing shooters? errrrr.... ok. But I don't want to eat an IED. Playing guitar? The worst it'll do for you is get you crabs.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:06 am

I've owed a guitar and learned a little bit from an ex-gf some years ago. If I'm going to play guitar, it's all or nothing. I have way too many other things I want/need to do. Guitar Hero is way easier. image Besides, the point about it being a party game is dead on.

Matt, I assume you're offering the system with 2 controllers? No GH or guitar/s? If so, how about $70?

If anyone has GH 1-3 with a guitar or two to sell, let me know. I'll be looking for CDs with very few scratches or none at all. Plus I'd rather not get guitars that were abused. image

Thanks!
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby -AlexD » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:43 pm

As a bonafide part-time musician (no, that doesn't mean I suck -- I just got out of college... give me a break) I have to say I think Guitar Hero is an awesome game.

At the same time, I can see where Nidal is coming from -- compared to actual music, Guitar Hero may seem lame, but that's because music is the FUCKIN' SHIT. Nothing new there.

What I like about guitar hero, aside from what's already been mentioned (that people who don't like most video games like it) is that I can play a game with my brother Chris, who has never as far as I know touched a musical instrument in his life (he's in his thirties), and basically bang out the rhythms to a few songs together and get the adrenaline buzz from a video game all in one session. I could never get him to play music on an instrument, that would take time neither of us have, but we get to play all the 80s classics we want on plastic controllers. That is, of course, until his wife decides to sit in and destroy us both -- she gets 99-100% on pretty much every tune (and she doesn't really play video games or music... go figure).

Our oldest brother, a professional guitar and bass player, never really got past easy mode.

-AlexD

Postby mauleed » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:03 pm

My kids are alllll about Guitar hero. Personally, my 36 year old fat fingers can't beat anything that's not on easy, so I don't see the fascination, but it isn't unfun, that's for sure.

My 9 year old specifically requested a guitar for Christmas because of guitar hero, and now spends every night trying to learn the songs from guitar hero on the real guitar (I showed him how to read tabs and he just finds them on the internet and practices).
mauleed

Next

Return to The Bitz Box