So whats the deal with the no-bitz thing?

Need a bit (or twenty) for that conversion? This is the place.

Re: So what's the deal with the no-bitz thing?

Postby -inspectorzen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:16 am

Can we all please just switch to warmachine?
YES!
I think I played a rushed small game of Warmachine once, but not enough to get a handle on it.

How is the rule set? Good?
I like it, and it's growing in popularity. Movement and positioning are important, hand to hand is core to the game, gun lines don't work, most games are scenarios, and there are a huge number of scenarios. But it's different from WarHammer, so you need to relearn how you play. But I find WarHammer more intuitive, so that's not a big deal.

I'm happy to demo the game for anyone who wants to try it out.
-inspectorzen

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:22 am

Wait... the real question is: Can you go to 100+ person tournaments which last from Friday to Sunday, and include vomiting, strip bars, and now, car rallies? Until that's a yes...
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby steve » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:17 pm

car rallies??
steve
steve

Postby subversive » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:17 pm

All it takes is a few more bodies converting to the hobby. The last hordes/WM tourney at the strat drew as many people as your WHFB and 40K tourneys. There are a LOT of people out there. Almost our whole club has armies. My evaluation:

Rules: Much better. They answer questions, release FAQs and Errata consistently.
Customer Service: MUCH MUCH better.
Models: Not quite as good overall, but still quite good.
Fluff: Not as deep, but interesting. You've got to expect that for a game that's been around for 5ish years as opposed to 25.
Cost of entry: Better. Point for point, you're paying a little more on average, but a typical game is 750-1000 points.

The difference is that it's a skirmish game. It is NOT about moving blocks of infantry. That's really the one thing about WHFB that keeps me playing. It's the only fantasy game out there that deals with block units on a 25-30mm scale.
subversive

Postby deFl0 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:13 am

To me this is the most obnoxious thing GW has ever done... All my armies are heavily converted and I tend to spend as much money on the conversions as the army itself. Customizing and making an army my own has really been one of the things that has kept me with GW and in the game.

If nothing else they should continue to do the bitzwagon and GT events. I'm sure that would get a lot more people to go.

BTW - I haven't been able to confirm this but I've heard that GW has direct order bitz in the UK through some sort of computerized console, and there is some rumor that this might be what replaces the system in the US. I find this hard to believe but we'll see.

Pete
deFl0

Postby KevinC » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:10 am

Well, I'm totally in if the club wants to seriously get into Warmachine/Hordes. I actually have a decent amount of Troll Bloods for Hordes and I'd really like to play it regularly at the club and get into the tournament scene.

Is anyone seriously interested?

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby mauleed » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:10 am

Maybe we can convince HQ to make the NEWCC warmachine. That might just be the excuse people need to get into it.
mauleed

Postby mattbird » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:25 pm

I really like warmachine as well, and would play if more WMers got into it.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby elrodogg » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Warmachine/Hordes is indeed fun. Unfortunately I feel like I started with the wrong army. Shoulda/coulda/woulda done skorne instead of trollbloods.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby subversive » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:31 pm

I bet there's someone out there who would trade you some skorne for some trollbloods.
subversive

PreviousNext

Return to The Bitz Box