High Elf Painting Blog Type Thing

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: High Elf Painting Blog Type Thing

Postby jer732 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:49 pm

That banner looks great, even better than your other ones.
jer732

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:44 am

A bunch of work done.. but still a stretch to get things done by the tourney this weekend. I'll post more tomorrow, but I thought that for now, I'd throw up a pic of how the new heads look on the dragon princes (same heads which will be on the swordmasters, and would be on the phoenix guard when I paint some). The lighting totally washed out the shading in the pics, but I'm in a rush...

Arms are almost done on these as well, just need to be glued. (same arms as the silverhelms) Shield design hasn't yet been figured out, but I certainly don't have much time.

Looking in the box of unpainted things needed for the tourney:

Finish off Chariot.
Finish off Eagle.
Finish off Swordmasters.
Finish off Dragon Princes.
Completely assemble and paint a new eagle.
Completely paint and assemble 2 war machine crew.

Done... with 3 after-work and 1 full day likely my only time left. That'll teach me to party on the weekends. :D And during the week. :x
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby theblackprince » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:59 am

can't believe this blog is still going. Are you measuring it in terms of number of pages? When will it stop.

Figures, btw, looking great!
theblackprince

Postby Guy In Suit » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:54 am

Wow those helmets are really, really cool. What are they from?

I thought my list of stuff to finish in 4 days was bad, but you sir have outdone me by far :lol:
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby subversive » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:14 am

Nice! The DPs are looking great. Glad to have contributed!
subversive

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:57 am

They're an old slaaneshi champion head that used to be sold as a bit. GW, unfortunatley, is no longer selling it as a bit. But I managed to procure enough through illicit means.

Oh, and let's not forget that I have to make a fancy army list, and make sure the display base is good-to-go. But that's not a huge deal. That's why I go to work. ;)

Justin, this thread will end when a Democrat gets elected to the White House: I figure sometime around 2036.

At this point, if I can't finish the minis, I don't want to go to the tournament. So I MUST finish them. Finishing the swordmasters tonight is key. The first eagle (which requires next to no work) and chariot are a must by tomorrow night. The second eagle will take nearly a full day, and I plan on leaving Thursday all day open to work on him (assembley, spraying, painting, basing, etc.

In a worst-case scenario, I can lop the shields off of some of the old ship's company and call them war-machine crew. They'll do in a pinch. But, you know, it's the pride thing that stops me.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:24 pm

Work from last night. Did the 5 layers of green: Scurf, jade, that light green.. that light green with 1 part white, and that light green with 4 parts white. The helmets had a another layer to make the transition between the jade and the slightly lighter green, 1:1. Glued the heads on. Took me till 3 in the morning to get them done...

Still need to do the gems, obviously. That'll be tonight. Hopefully, I'll wrap up the dragon prince arms at the same time. And the eagle and the chariot will be the last two things left that need to be done, and I'll have a full day to paint them. And the chariot is already half done, so things are looking very good.

IF I have enough time, I'll convert 2 new war-machine crew. Otherwise, I'll use two of the old ship's company, which are unique minis not found in the rest of the army, so they're cool.
VectorAWX3

Postby jchrisobrien » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Go go go my Asur brother!
"Play the game!" --KevinC
jchrisobrien

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:35 pm

Alright.. it's what I call "Done Enough." Especially considering the tourney is tomorrow, I have to still put toghether my eagle (now I'm painting it tomorrow), finish painting the chariot tonight, paint the bases for about 20 models tonight, and drive into the city to pick up so last minute things I need. Ugh!!!

Swordmasters:

Dragon Princes:

Yeah, they look better in person. Whatever. I have no time for this. I need women. Anyone have a redhead they can spare?

The more I work on this, the more I think I'm never painting another army. Ugh! :cry:
VectorAWX3

Postby elrodogg » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:49 pm

How many point of high elves do you think you have? Well over 3k with all the different incarnations of the list you've gone through by now I would imagine.

I tell you Nidal, these guys look awesome. Seriously, some fine work. I was skeptical about your dragon prince conversion, but these guys look pretty good and if you say they're better in person, I believe it as these guys look pretty good here.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

PreviousNext

Return to Modeling and Painting