High Elf Painting Blog Type Thing

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: High Elf Painting Blog Type Thing

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:00 pm

Thanks! Well, I can take my current army, add in the unit of 10 commanded silverhelms for about 300 points. Then I can bump up the third spear unit to seaguard for another 100 points. I can throw in a couple of magic banners for another 100. That's 2750 right there. On, and I have another wyrm as a lion chariot, so that's 2900. And it's easy to throw in a character for a few hundred more. 3000 is pretty easy. I migh tnever catch up to any of Kevin's armies, but I can rumble at high-point values. :)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:37 am

Alright.. progress for the night:

Chariot painted. The base is puttied up. Will have to wait for it to dry before I can paint it, but it only takes a sec.

Last thing left is the second eagle. It's pretty much assembled. The first bunch of putty is dry enough that I can put on the sculpting layer. I'll do that now, let it dry over night, then spray it tomorrow morning (assuming it's not raining outside...) By the time we get upstate, it'll be dry enough to paint. Shouldn't take too long. IIRC, the first one painted up very quickly.

Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby WorldBFree » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:06 am

I hope you got this primed! Rain is falling in PA as of 9/26/08 7:00 am.
WorldBFree

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:25 am

It's pouring over here. Noi chance to prime. And I checked the weather, and it looks like I'm not going to be able to drive through it. Worst case scenario, I'll paint-prime it. I hate doing that, but I may be stuck. Still, I'll give it a chance to clear up enough along the way that I can sneak 2 minutes worth of spraying time, though priming in humid air is a BAD idea. I'm jus out of options. Oh well. :)
VectorAWX3

Postby jer732 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:38 am

Just do it pussy. I prime in all kinds of weather and I have yet to notice the difference.
jer732

Postby Guy In Suit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:48 am

Prime it indoors in a box or something and crack a window. You've got all weekend to let it air out! :D

Back to my zombies... :x
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Gleeptoid7 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:33 pm

don't bother with the window just sit back and enjoy the buzz
Gleeptoid7

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:53 pm

And the Asur Challenge is over... and the results are:

Heh. Been a while since I've added anything to that case. High Elves... FOR THE WIN!!!! (or the winningest that a goofy high elf army can get). More details to come. Not like I have much to do at work these days. :shock:
VectorAWX3

Postby mattbird » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:53 pm

How much for one of those golden griffons?
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:58 pm

You tell me what to do to my bases to bump my paint score up to a 20 (or enough to win a GT), and you can have one on the house! (i'm sure it's all of 4 seconds fo work for you.. worked for my space marines!)
VectorAWX3

PreviousNext

Return to Modeling and Painting