High Elf Painting Blog Type Thing

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: High Elf Painting Blog Type Thing

Postby Anger Worm » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:25 pm

A light ink wash and you give your sand some depth.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Threadomancy!!!!!

So I went off to Colonial 2010 this past weekend with the HElves. A bit of a different list, for which I needed a BSB. So I took a spare silver-helm I had, and gave him the big-ass banner from the new HElf dragon. I then went to Atlantic City, put down $40 and won $160 at the craps table, while some woman kept coming by and giving me free drink after free drink. If I knew it was that easy, I would have been doing that a long time ago!

So after getting drunk, and beating Larro in a push-up contest on the floor of hooters (probably not the most sanitary thing to do) I wandered back to the room, drunk, and did what I do best: Paint the final mini in the army right before the GT!

And this is the banner that came out:

Love it!!!!!!

On top of all that, and I'm sure partially because of this guy, I managed to pull in a Best Army award! Woohoo!

I tied Luke from our club in points for the award (his ogre army is ridiculously beautiful), but won it on one of the tiebreakers, so EVERY point counted. (this banner probably put it over the top--along with the ridicuolously handicapped army list). The pics are a bit washed out, as my good camera pretty much died after 10 years of solid service (I bought it when a GREAT deal on a 3 megapixel was $1000). Just goes to prove, you can't win an award at a GT if you come prepared.

In talking to the judges, I lost two painting points for the bases (some people gained point... breaking even shouldn't be a problem). I hear a lot about the bases, and even though I already won an (unexpected and very much appreciated) award for this army, I'm going to do something with them. It's a shame that I've spent so much time on them and leave a glaring weakness which can be corrected, perhaps easily. So I'm
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 pm

:lol: I warned you when you wanted to replicate my bases -- people don't get it!

Banner is great!
WickerNipple

Postby Alamoth » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:30 am

WickerNipple wrote::lol: I warned you when you wanted to replicate my bases -- people don't get it!

I don't get it, but that could be because of the picture quality. The banner is beautiful though. What kit do those banners come on? I might want to get a few for some conversions.
Death to the False Emperor
Alamoth

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 am

The banner is from the new high-elf dragon box.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby allanmcnab » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:52 pm

fuck you for painting something nice when drunk. later when you get old enough so that leroy Nieman paintings make sense to you, you won't be able to stop your hands from shaking when drunk. :bash: :bash:

die in a pit :boom:
"I like Weakland because he cries when I fuck him" Pete, at the conflict.
allanmcnab

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:23 am

And by "die in a pit", he means "I love you".
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Previous

Return to Modeling and Painting